Job Title: Project Engineer Lead
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: SOUTH WEST -LA BREA,POINT FORTIN
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Project Engineer Lead
The Project Engineering Lead is rresponsible for supporting the delivery of an integrated Engineering, Procurement and Project / Construction Management Service to the various Contract Clients. In addition to the Technical aspects this includes maintaining good business relationships built on a foundation of reliable performance and earned respect.
- Awareness, understanding and compliance with the Business Policies and Procedures.
- Awareness, understanding and delivery of Contractual obligations set out in the individual service Contracts.
- Set direction, priorities and co-ordinate the management of all interfaces required to deliver a complete product to the Client, including HSSE, Engineering, Procurement, Construction and third Party Services.
- Leads in the development and performance management of all aspects associated with the various WBS Scopes of Work from inception through to completion.
- Development, accuracy and continuous performance management of baseline schedules, progress measurement and reporting for the various WBS Scopes of Work.
- Development, accuracy and performance management of the estimates, expenditure, forecasts and reporting for the various WBS Scopes of Work.
- As opportunities arise lead in the development of technical proposals in support of bids for new business.
- Takes personal responsibility for promoting and supporting continuous improvement activities within all aspects of the business under their sphere of influence.
- Actively seeks to develop and maintain business relationships based on open and honest communication underpinned by reliable proactive performance, expectation management and earned respect.
- Proactively facilitate the resolution of cross discipline technical issues.
- Motivates and develops a high performing team with a ‘be safe’ and ‘mistake free’ culture and a drive for continuous improvement.
- Recognises skills limitations and proactively notifies and engages management support in these areas.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Massy Wood Group and project specific Project Management Systems and Procedures relevant to the role.
- Awareness and understanding of the business drivers within the Massy Wood Group / client relationship and how these can be influenced.
- Perform all other job functions as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a recognized university.
- Postgraduate qualification will be considered an asset.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Must be competent in a relevant technical discipline.
- Must possess knowledge and application of Project Management practices and procedures
- Must also possess foundation skills in a relevant technical discipline.
- Experience in the execution of onshore and offshore projects in the Oil & Gas industry
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work effectively and prioritise in a high performance, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to delegate work assignments, give authority to work independently, set expectations and monitor delegated activities
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
- Extremely self-motivated with excellent supervisory and organisational skills combined with very good technical judgment.
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements. Please also note that the successful candidate may be required to attend duties at the Client’s facilities as needed.