Job Title: Category Manager
Sector: ADVERTISING, MARKETING, MEDIA, COMMUNICATIONS
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The role requires the employee to manage the profitability, growth and optimization of resources necessary to support a group of assigned categories.
- Assumes responsibility for the sourcing of new items and the development of existing brands, ensuring that product mix is competitive while maximizing profits.
- Develops and builds relationships with new and existing vendors and suppliers.
- Participates in the negotiation of terms to maximize business profits and deliver best value to customers.
- Develops and implements category business plans to support profitable and sustained growth through optimal product selection, pricing, merchandising and promotion.
- Develops and applies insights gained from analysis in planning activities, and ensures timely and effective communication with all relevant Company personnel.
- Continuously develops in depth knowledge of product lines; vendors; and consumer shopping trends for assigned categories.
- Manages stock levels according to sales trends to ensure effective SKU control and proper inventory levels at all locations.
- Creates sales and promotional plans in conjunction with vendor partners and Company Operations personnel, to support outstanding store execution.
- Understands the capabilities of stores and the needs of customers in order to facilitate efficient decision making.
- Reviews planograms and coordinates with Operations, Merchandising and Store Management to ensure effective execution of same at store level.
- Delivers clear, concise communications across all areas of the business, relative to category.
- Partners with the Operations team to accomplish desired goals and objectives, including but not limited to: pricing, merchandising, promotions, inventory management and ultimately meeting sales targets.
- Effectively manages direct reports, which may include but is not limited to: Category Analyst; and Replenishment Technician, setting specific goals for each report.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Management, Marketing or a related field.
- Five (5) years’ work experience in a similar capacity.
- In-depth knowledge of the fundamental principles of the procurement and supply chain process.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Leadership skills and ability to manage the activities of a team.
- Experience in consumer product sales, promotions and marketing.
- High degree of personal and professional integrity.