Job Title: Manager - Financial Accounting
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: EAST -ARIMA/SANGRE GRANDE
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Manager - Financial Accounting
The Manager, Financial Accounting is responsible for the maintenance and administration of the Authority’s General Accounting, Accounts Payable and Payroll functions. He/She will be responsible for ensuring that integrity in the Financial Management Information System is maintained in a professional manner in keeping with accounting standards.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the payroll, accounts payable and general accounting functions of the staff
associated with these functions.
- Advise management on financial status of the Authority through monthly and annual reports.
- Develop, communicate and monitor performance targets for Accounting Assistants and prepare
performance appraisal for all accounting staff under their purview.
- Monitor and evaluate the modules of the approved Financial Policies and Procedures that are implemented
to ensure compliance.
- Review reports in collaboration with the General Manager, Finance for the Internal Auditor on all accounting
related matters, provide response and implement the recommendations agreed by management.
- Prepare unaudited annual financial statements.
- Authorise journals posted to the general ledger.
- Authorize payments and payroll vouchers.
- Sign cheques for staff salaries, wages and suppliers.
- Consult with suppliers concerning queries.
- Provide weekly feedback to the General Manager, Finance in the operations of the Accounts department.
- Consult daily with accounting staff of the external units of the Authority on accounting-related transactions
and provide financial and accounting guidance.
- Ensure that all registers are printed and filed from Microsoft Dynamics or related information systems and
dispatched where necessary.
- Ensure that all journals posted into the general ledger are authorized and provide adequate description of
transactions with necessary supporting documents.
- Represent the Authority at annual planning and other financial meetings.
- Immediately notify the General Manager, Finance of any suspect transactions for further investigation.
- Provide effective professional development to the Accounting staff.
- Perform related duties as required by the appropriate Authority.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Full ACCA Certification.
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in a similar management position.
- Experience in Payroll Package and Microsoft Dynamics.
- Experience in the Accounting function in a computerized environment.
- Computer Literate in Accounting Software package.
- Any other relevant equivalent training and experience.
Applications should be submitted by June 14, 2018 with full resume, copies relevant certificates and two (2) testimonials to the General Manager- Human Resources, Eastern Regional Health Authority, De Freitas Building, Eastern Main Road, Sangre Grande, Po Box 4479. Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.