Job Title: Manager - Employment & Employee Services
Sector: HUMAN RESOURCES,RECRUITMENT/ TRAINING
Location: EAST -ARIMA/SANGRE GRANDE
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Manager - Employment & Employee Services
The Manager-Employment & Employee Services is responsible for leading and supervising support staff in the Department. He/She will be responsible for attracting and securing potential employees for the filling of permanent and temporary vacancies in assigned areas in a timely, effective and efficient manner to satisfy the operational requirements of the Authority. He/She will also be accountable for the administration of a wide range of Human Resources matters such as recruitment, employees’ services and movements, maintenance of personnel and leave records and the maintenance of a Human Resources Information System.
- Recommend strategies for the filling of vacancies identified and, upon approval, implement in accordance
with approved company policy, procedures and systems.
- Process all applications for employment received in accordance with approved company policy, and
participate in interviews of suitable applications at middle managerial level.
- Analyze interview scores and comments, and make recommendations for offer of employment to the
General Manager-Human Resources.
- Originate and process all documents related to the recruitment function accurately, timely and effectively.
- Recommend an appropriate filing and recording system of all recruitment records and develop a
comprehensive manual for record keeping, filing of correspondence, reports and other records pertaining to
the work of the office, to enhance the prompt, timely and accurate retrieval of information as required,
ensuring consistency with company policy.
- Lead the Employment and Employee Services team in conducting Manpower Planning exercises for the
- Provide Human Resource support and advice to Line Managers/Supervisors.
- Draft Board Papers and other correspondence as required.
- Develop policies to address Human Resources issues in the workplace or in keeping with the national
directive of the Ministry of Health for review by the General Manager, Human Resources.
- Assist in strategic Human Resources Management initiatives to ensure that they are aligned to corporate
- Assist in the development of the departmental budget.
- Utilize Human Resources metrics to manage the performance of the Employment and Employee Services
- Ensure the Employment and Employee Services unit program and prioritize and support effective and
efficient delivery of services to the department and Administrative Units.
- Collaborate with Human Resource personnel in the Administrative Units to ensure the efficient delivery of
Human Resources services.
- Represent the Authority at different meetings and forums.
- Perform related work and project as may be required by the appropriate Authority.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- First degree in Human Resource Management or Social Sciences with Human Resource specialization.
- A minimum of seven (7) years' experience in the field of Human Resources of which three (3) must have
been at a senior supervisory 4`1890 or managerial level.
- Extensive experience in working with Human Resource Software System (HIRS) and MS Office.
- Post graduate certification preferably in Human Resource Management will be an asset.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Applications should be submitted by June 14, 2018 with full resume, copies relevant certificates and two (2) testimonials to the General Manager- Human Resources, Eastern Regional Health Authority, De Freitas Building, Eastern Main Road, Sangre Grande, Po Box 4479. Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.