Job Title: Commis Chef/ Demi Chef de Partie
Location: WEST -DIEGO MARTIN,CHAGUARAMAS
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
POSITION : Commis Chef/ Demi Chef de Partie
REPORTS TO: Sous Chef/kitchen supervisor
- To assist in the preparation and service of food for guests and staff under the supervision of the Sous Chef/kitchen Supervisor
- To work and train on all stations in the kitchen by rotating station.
- To have full knowledge of menu and method of preparation.
- To maintain a high standard of specified work in accordance with the Chef’s instructions
- To prepare, cook and serve food delegated as your responsibility, ensuring that the highest possible quality is maintained and that agreed standards for food preparation and presentation are met at all times under guidance from a senior chef
- To ensure that all food is served at a safe and appropriate temperature using thermometers or other food safe devices where necessary.
- To aid in achieving food cost, kitchen standard and overall objectives
- To remove any hazards and make safe any defects in the kitchen or its equipment and report any problems to a senior chef
- To keep high standards of personal hygiene, clean uniform and overall camaraderie
- To adhere to company procedures in regards to temperature checks, food labelling and dating, cleaning schedules and hygiene regulations at all times ensuring that all records of such are maintained
- To assist with the acceptance and storage of deliveries and that all relevant
- company procedures are adhered to
- To be punctual for work and report directly to the manager on duty on arrival in the kitchen
- To be familiar with the opening and closing procedures of the kitchen and carry them out as rotated
- To keep high standards of cleanliness on section where employed, also to assist in any job regarding hygiene or cleanliness asked for by a senior chef
- To be fully aware of all hygiene control and chemicals used in the work place
- To have full knowledge of, and be able to act upon, fire procedures
- To work as part of a team in a constructive manner that enables the hotel to achieve the objective of being a market leader in the luxury hotel sector
- To comply with all hotel and company policies
- To be responsible, whilst liaising with the Executive Head Chef, for self-development
- To carry out and assist in the smooth running of the kitchen
- To attend all meeting and training sessions as required
- To undergo all training in both formal courses and on-the-job session to develop cooking and kitchen organizational skills.
- To comply with any reasonable request from your superiors
Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE)
- Practice all CrewsInn Safety & OSHA Policies & Procedures
- Maintain a safety conscious attitude at all times
- Ensure that adequate information is provided for completing tasks and seek clarification as required
- Inform supervisor of all unsafe conditions observed and the occurrence of incidents or accidents
- Securing, inspecting and using assigned PPE, tools and equipment appropriately
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Customer Service oriented
- Multi task
- Speed and dexterity
- Knowledge of HACCP procedures
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Team oriented
- Ability to work under pressure
- Hours of Work:
Your normal workweek shall consist of forty hours, Sunday to Saturday on a shift basis. However, from time to time you may be required to work longer hours.
- Allocation of Time:
It is the employee’s personal responsibility, within the framework of the tasks he/she has been set, to ensure that his/her is distributed between tasks in the most advantageous way to the overall benefit of the Company.