Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Accounting Assistant - Finance Department (SuperPharm)
- Verifies and enters approved invoices in the Company’s computerized financial management system, ensuring that all relevant documentation and approvals have been obtained.
- Prepares authorized invoices for cheque payments and prepares; prints; and obtains signatures on cheques as required.
- Records and distributes all signed cheques in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensures that all monthly reconciliations are conducted for suppliers.
- Makes timely investigations of overdue balances in the AP sub-ledger.
- Verifies accuracy of daily point-of-sale transactions and associated reports and/or documentation.
- Ensures that all assigned tasks are completed to facilitate timely month end close.
- Visits stores to ensure adherence of team members to the Company’s established accounting procedures.
- Leads or assists with other special projects as assigned.
- Undertakes general administrative duties as required, including but not limited to, maintaining all relevant reports, spreadsheets and files, in keeping with the Company’s policies and standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five (5) O’ Level passes, including Mathematics and English.
- ACCCA Level I or CAT certification.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a similar role would be considered an asset.
Skills/Abilities considered as assets for the job:
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Excellent numerical reasoning ability.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Good interpersonal skills
- Computer literate and intermediate to advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Excel.