Job Ref.: TT152167HM
Job Title: Financial Advisory - Senior Associate, Internal Compliance
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
About the Firm
Deloitte in Trinidad is dedicated to providing Assurance, Tax & Compliance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, and Enterprise Risk Services to clients in the private and public sectors. Our client service teams combine local knowledge from Deloitte in Trinidad with deep expertise from Deloitte’s international network in more than 150 countries. With over 80 dedicated professionals in Trinidad, our integrated approach delivers keen insights and industry knowledge to clients. Our objective is to help our clients excel by anticipating tomorrows agenda with focused, insightful and fresh thinking borne out of our multidisciplinary strengths. We draw upon our specialist skills both within Trinidad and across the Deloitte network to help clients succeed wherever they operate.
We foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work by feeling valued, empowered and respected. We believe our strength comes from our diversity and celebrate the contributions our people make through their unique insights and perspectives.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – this defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients and the first choice for the best talent.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Associate to join Deloitte’s Financial Advisory (FA) department. The successful candidate will assist with compliance activities deemed necessary for the advisory functions in Bermuda and BVI. You will be responsible for the daily implementation and administration of compliance work, relating to processes for conflicts checking, client acceptance, and other compliance activities. In this role you must have strong project management and communication skills, a keen attention to detail and the ability to self-manage assigned goals.
- Implements, monitors and supports policies relating to client acceptance and continuance, due diligence/conflict checking, and independence.
- Focuses on daily processing, clearing and reporting on conflict checks and background checks.
- Understands risk issues and policies and can anticipate client needs.
- Recognizes key deadlines and request priorities, and manages workload in a way that does not disrupt client service.
- Responds quickly and professionally to requests from management for information, assistance, and recommendations.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Senior Consultants across our organization:
- Identify and embrace our purpose and values and put these into practice in their professional life
- Develop self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, share knowledge and experience with others, and act as a strong brand ambassador
- Seek opportunities to challenge self; team with others across businesses and borders to deliver and take accountability for own and team results
- Build relationships and communicate effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, align own work to objectives and set personal priorities.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma and/or 2 years at an Associate level
- Experience with client acceptance and conflict check systems preferable
- Knowledge of various entity legal structures (LPs, trusts, funds) preferable.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Good oral and written communication skills, including high level of responsiveness
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and to meet deadlines
- Dedication to completion of responsibilities, requiring additional hours worked in particularly busy periods
- Sound working knowledge of MS Office required
- Ability to work with limited supervision with team members across geographical jurisdictions.
Deloitte has a strong presence in the countries of the Caribbean and Bermuda marketplace, with more than 500 professionals dedicated to bringing their talents to bear on clients' unique issues. The Deloitte Caribbean and Bermuda Countries serve the English-speaking Caribbean from offices in the Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, British and United States Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Trinidad & Tobago.
Deloitte CBC is a member of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, one of the world’s leading professional services firms in audit, tax, financial advisory and consulting. Every day our multidisciplinary teams work together to offer innovative solutions to our clients’ complex issues. Further discover the Caribbean and Bermuda and how you can benefit from a career with Deloitte on our career’s website.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Deloitte & Touche is an affiliate of DCB Holding Limited, the Deloitte Caribbean and Bermuda Countries (CBC) member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. The Deloitte team in Trinidad is committed to providing audit and assurance, tax and compliance, accounting, consulting, financial advisory, and enterprise risk services to clients in the private and public sectors. Our objective is to make an impact that matters by building long-term relationships and delivering measurable value for our clients' businesses.
Requisition code: TT152167HM
CANDIDATES MUST [CLICK HERE] to apply for this job directly from DELOITTE's website