Job Title: Category Management Specialist
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Town / City: Chaguanas & Port of Spain
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Category Management Specialist
The Category Management Specialist will be instrumental in the development, execution and governance over the end to end management of strategies and plans for the assigned category so as to deliver both financial and non-financial benefits to maximise commercial and non-commercial opportunities.
As the Category Management Specialist (Supply Chain) the incumbent will work closely with key stakeholders on a wide range of supply chain initiatives to deliver significant value to the Massy Wood Group Supply Chain organization.
The incumbent is required to maintain a focus on key deliverables and effective contract administration activities throughout the contract cycle from strategy development to final reconciliation and close-out activities including but not limited to the following:
- Analyse category demand and expenditure and the relevant supply markets to inform category strategies and plans that deliver tangible financial benefits and non-financial benefits
- Develop and execute sourcing / contracting strategies and plans that optimise the commercial outcomes
- Govern and execute the end to end management of category strategies and plans in the pursuit of value
- Actively engage key suppliers within the category to drive performance and continuous improvements that deliver tangible and mutual benefits
- Apply business, technical and market knowledge to actively review the opportunities and risks within the category and drive initiatives which seek greater value through improvements in the end-to-end supply chain
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders within the business to ensure that category and sourcing/contracting plans are aligned with wider business objectives
- Maintain category and supplier performance reporting so that the overall ‘health’ and progress to plan is actively monitored and managed, and corrective actions undertaken in a timely manner
- Deliver value through management of strategic sourcing efforts and management of strategic sourcing projects
- Conduct various forms of detailed research and analysis in support of Supply Chain efforts, including: cost modelling, market, supplier, and spend analysis, risk management
To achieve these objectives, the Category Management Specialist will be required to perform the following functions:
- Liaising with the functional manager who shall communicate the requirements of the business. The Category Management Specialist must have a full understanding of the business requirements with the required timescales for delivery.
- Conduct specific market research (Identification of services providers, Pre-qualification and early risk assessment QA/QC, HSSE, Credit Rating)
- Prepare Category strategy document for approval at the Joint Tender Board (JTB) inclusive of market approach strategy, Tender Evaluation Plan (TEP) for materials, products, services, Bidders List, Schedule of Key Dates, Scope of Supply/Services.
- Prepare Invitations to Tender Documents to approved Bidder(s) complete with Tender instructions, bid close date, pro forma documents, COMPANY Terms and Conditions of Contract (with Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s detailed therein), Technical, Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Assurance (HSE & QA) and Local Content requirements
- Conduct bid clarification meetings
- Conduct contract negotiations on terms and conditions in coordination with legal where necessary
- Evaluate bids based on price, commercial exceptions, guarantees, previous experience, sub-suppliers, and delivery terms and Prepare Commercial Evaluation
- Preparation of the Tender Evaluation Report which includes the outcome of the TEP (Commercial, Technical, HSSE)
- Preparation of a detailed negotiation strategy with subcontractors as required
- Prepare Single Source Justifications as required in conjunction with technical disciplines for Non-Competitive tendering; Determine sealed bid or open tenders under Company’s Tender thresholds;
- Prepare Massy WG’s Tender Board application for approval of Contract.
- In coordination with the line function, to manage the contractual relationship with the sub-contractors, address related issues, manage any agreed changes or modifications, administer commercial elements of the contract and ensure both parties meet their obligations:
- Administer Performance Feedback reporting (i.e. KPIs)monthly, quarterly, annually dependent on the frequency and complexity of the scope of supply/service;
- Prepare all key documentation for Subcontract close-out.
- Perform all other related job functions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BSc) from a recognised university
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Supply Chain in the Oil & Gas industry
- Experience in strategic sourcing and category management will be an asset
- Proficiency in Maximo
- Ability to synthesise complex or diverse information
- Ability to work effectively, prioritise and develop realistic action plans in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly
- Proficient in Computer Applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications (MS Word & Excel).