Job Title: Senior Project Engineer
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: SOUTH WEST -LA BREA,POINT FORTIN
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Senior Project Engineer
- Lead and co-ordinate the Project Team required to deliver a complete product to the Client, including Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Minor Modifications and Third Party Services.
- Ensure awareness, understanding and delivery of Contractual obligations set out in the service Contract.
- Ensure awareness, understanding and compliance with the Business Policies and Procedures.
- Lead the development and performance management of all aspects associated with the various Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) Scopes of Work from inception through to completion.
- Develop and ensure accuracy and continuous performance management of baseline schedules, estimates, expenditure, forecasts, progress measurement and reporting for the various WBS Scopes of Work.
- Responsible for delivering quality project objectives and goals safely, on time and within budget.
- Responsible for achieving Key Performance Indicators targets.
- Ensure that skilled resources are engaged in the development of realistic risk based schedules and the control of costs and that progress is measured and accurate reports generated for the various work programmes.
- Lead the compliance of all project activities to the HSSE standards of the Company and Client.
- Demonstrate HSSE leadership and increase HSSE awareness of the project team.
- Ensure that Massy Wood Group QMS systems and procedures are implemented by the Projects team.
- Actively seek to develop and maintain business relationships based on open and honest communication, accurate reporting and underpinned by reliable proactive performance, expectation management and earned respect.
- Take personal responsibility for promoting and supporting continuous improvement activities within all aspects of the business under their sphere of influence.
- Proactively facilitate the resolution of cross discipline technical issues.
- Responsible for identifying the training needs of team members
- Responsible for providing on-the-job training, as well as coaching and mentoring to the project team as required.
- May be required to participate in performance review of team members as applicable
- Motivate and develop a high performing team with a ‘be safe’ and ‘mistake free’ culture and a drive for continuous improvement.
- Perform all other related job functions as required.
- Must possess a first Degree in Engineering (BSc, BEng) from an accredited university.
- Project Management Certification will be an asset
- Must possess ten (10) years minimum experience in a similar position.
- Minimum of five (5) years Oil & Gas industry experience.
- Familiar with Project Management practices and procedures.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide direction to and supervise others.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to work in a Team environment.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well with external and internal customers.
- Foundation skills in a relevant technical discipline.
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements. Please also note that the successful candidate may be required to attend duties at the Client’s facilities as needed.