Job Title: Insurance Claims Manager
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Insurance Claims Manager
To ensure claims issues are settled and claims paid out are accurate and in accordance with Furness Policies and Procedures as outlined in its Claims Manual; provide claims leadership ; manage claims portfolio; work with Underwriters and Reinsurers; adherence to authority levels are maintained and minimum regulatory standards are observed; third party management; ensure broker and insured relations are maintained in the settlement of claims; manage conflicts of interest; attend court on behalf of Company liaising with In House Attorney at law to achieve Company objectives.
- Adopt the Furness culture of Professionalism, Integrity, Effectiveness and Dynamic attitude contributing to an internal environment of teamwork and promote a positive brand image to our external customers. Undertake relevant training on Furness policies and procedures as identified by line managers
- Comply with any specific responsibilities necessary for your role as outlined by your line manager, keeping up to date with developments at it relates to the claim function.
Education and Qualifications
- Ten years experience in a similar position with the last three years in a supervisory role
- Sound knowledge of all stages of claims reporting to settlement of claims of all General Insurance classes of business.
- CII qualifications would be an asset.
Skills and Abilities
- Work management skills: Time and workload management of technicians
- Interpersonal skills: Ability to influence others, client and broker management skills, purposeful communication, flexibility, active listening
Knowledge and Experience
- Functional knowledge & understanding: Claims management process, ability to communicate effectively with external parties and to utilize Alternative dispute resolution approaches with Management’s approval; sound knowledge of claim legal issues.
Aptitude and Disposition
- Outcome focussed, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- Professional approach to successfully interact with senior management/ colleagues/ external suppliers
- Decision maker
- Influencing others
- Team work
- Technical competency and expertise in the area of claims