Job Title: Sales & Marketing Manager
Sector: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT,SALES,RETAILING, DISTRIBUTION
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
A niche pharmaceutical company is expanding its portfolio and is looking for an experienced and innovative Sales and Marketing Manager.
SALES & MARKETING MANAGER
The sales and marketing manager is responsible for representing the company's brand to the outside world. Must observe the market, competitors and industry trends and drives strategies for increasing awareness of the company's products among the target audience group. The Sales and Marketing Manager is responsible for preparing sales, marketing and implementation plans, analyzing budgets and making sure the sales team is on track with its targets and goals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying customer requirements; defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Oversee day-to-day sales, monitoring and forecasting to better understand the market
- Continually assess sales & marketing techniques and their efficacy in affecting sales.
- Own ultimate responsibility for successfully meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Collaborate with sales/medical representatives teams to innovatively reach more potential customers
- Work and communicate closely with Customer Service.
- Work in a hands-on fashion, building the team—provide motivation and inspiration.
- Set the precedent for excellence through leading by example
- Cultivate and deepen client relationships and partnerships that add value
- Through interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data, gain insight into customer use of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas.
- Create marketing materials.
- Prepare timely reports on the effectiveness of marketing communications
- Ensures that all the appropriate departments are well informed of sales & marketing objectives and results.
- Speak and present about products to both internal and external audiences
- Research competitor offerings and react when appropriate
- Actively pursue market penetration initiatives of all company products and services
- Generate Daily Activity and Sales Reports as well as Key Performance Indicator Reports on a monthly Basis.
- Following all Sales through to completion with the respective departments, ensuring the clients' needs are met in a timely and productive manner, including the collection of monies due.
- Development of Advertising/ Promotional Campaigns.
- Promoting sales through seminars, conferences, exhibitions, or related activities.
- Resolving problems that may arise such as customer complaints.
- Providing all client contact details for company contact database management.
- Providing feedback on client needs and market trends.
- Produce annual sales, marketing and implementation plans. Conduct quarterly reviews of plans vs actual results achieved.
- Support clients after normal working hours, if the need arises.
Competencies and Skills:
- Strong strategy, analytical and problem –solving skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and team building capabilities.
- Must possess public speaking and presentation skills
- The ability to build relationships quickly and effectively
- Effective management and coaching skills
- Sound judgement and good business sense
- Solid technical background
- Selling and Marketing skills
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Must possess own vehicle in good working order.
- Must have a valid passport & US visa and be willing to travel regionally and internationally for meetings.
Work Experience and Qualification:
- A minimum of three years working experience as a Sales and Marketing Manager in pharmaceutical or medical sales environment will be an asset.
- A BSc or BA Degree or MBA with focus on in Science/Nursing/Optometry or Marketing.
- Computer Literate.
- Must be very good with word, excel and PowerPoint.