Job Title: Fabricator
Location: SOUTH EAST -MAYARO,RIO CLARO
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Fabricator is responsible for laying out, fabricating, assembling, and installing pipes and structural steel as specified by job orders, diagrams and templates.
- Responsible for ensuring that all dimension procedures and specifications are in accordance with the isometric and P&ID drawings in order to ensure safety, quality and productivity on the job.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame cutting equipment, for instance, Oxy-Acetylene.
- Prepare pipe lengths and fittings for fit‐up and set up all types of weld joints prior to completion by Welder.
- Align and fit parts according to specifications.
- Locate and mark work piece bending and cutting lines, allowing for stock thickness, machine and welding shrinkage, and other component specifications.
- Read and interpret blueprints, structural drawings and details, isometrics and welding process specifications.
- Produce cut sheets on piping and structural members prior to fabrication.
- Mark reference points onto floors or face blocks and transpose them to work pieces, using measuring devices, squares, chalk, and soapstone
- Assist with general pipe fitting and mechanical activities
- Move parts into position, manually or by using hoists or cranes
- Design and construct templates and fixtures, using hand tools
- Verify conformance of work pieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes
- Conduct field measurements to verify drawings prior to fabrication
- Prepare completed pipe system for hydrostatic testing in accordance with approved test packages
- Performs all other related job functions as required.
- Fabrication Certification (NESC/MIC or equivalent level)
- Secondary School Completion Certificate
- A minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in a similar position
- Shell Performing Authority training will be an asset
- Knowledge of applicable API and ASME Standards
- Knowledge of P&ID’s, isometric and structural drawings
- Must possess good verbal and oral communication skills
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and be a team player