Job Title: Supervisors- Supermarket
Sector: CUSTOMER SERVICE,ADMINISTRATIVE,BUSINESS-ADMIN,CLERICAL
Town / City: Chaguanas, Gasparillo, Fyzabad Branches
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Supervisor is responsible for supporting the Store Manager in the day-to-day store operations. In partnership with the Store Manager, the ASM is responsible for customer and employee satisfaction, brand standards and store profitability. The ASM ensures exceptional customer experiences and supports our vision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and drive high standards and expectations around food quality, customer service, food safety and store cleanliness by empowering store employees.
- Supervise the day-to-day tasks of all store employees.
- Provide superior customer service to all customers: greeting, assisting, suggest selling and thanking each customer.
- Ensure a pleasant shopping experience for all customers, respond to customer complaints and inquires and lead by example.
- Ensure adherence to all Food Health procedures and standards, overseeing the successful daily operations and sanitation requirements of the program.
- Assist with the training and development of store employees.
- Motivate, encourage and challenge subordinate staff.
- Lead by example to ensure all daily tasks are completed in the store.
- Appropriately delegate tasks to Customer Service Representatives and follow-up as necessary.
- Enforce established daily operating procedures to maintain a clean, adequately stocked, organized and well-kept store in order to provide a positive customer experience.
- Ensure all merchandise is stocked and displays are attractive, priced correctly and displayed in a safe manner.
- Complete daily paperwork and computer entry in a timely manner as established by management.
- Ensure the shift duty notebook is accurately maintained.
- Ensure execution of the safety, security and retail operations policies and procedures.
- Plan and prepare work schedules and coordinate daily assignments.
- Provide support for the Store Manager/District Manager, as needed.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Secondary school attendance
- Successful completion of store training
- Previous experience supervising others, preferred
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Computer literacy
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong focus on working with people
- Strong commitment to teamwork
- Strong leadership, team building and potential managerial skills
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with employees, customers and vendors
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ethical, honest, trustworthy, respectful, compassionate, supportive and patient