Job Title: Operations Assistant
Sector: CUSTOMER SERVICE,ADMINISTRATIVE,BUSINESS-ADMIN,CLERICAL
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Job Description: Operations Assistant
The Operations Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day administrative support for the Operations department, but also supports with the coordination of particular matters and documentation as it relate to Officers, and plays a key role in helping to ensure a high standard of service delivery to Clients. Confidentiality is also needed in this position.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs clerical and administrative support to the Operations Department, particularly the Head of Operations
- Provide relevant information to Administration to facilitate preparation of requisitions for uniforms and other office supplies as required.
- Management and distribution of all office supplies at Command Centre.
- Assist in the relevant department in the coordination of Training, as required; Precept, STOW, Defensive Driving
- Assist in the coordination of special activities within the Operations Department; e.g. Drug Testing, Medicals, etc.
- For Officer resignations, accept uniforms/equipment and all other relevant company property, and inform Administration and Accounts, accordingly.
- Schedule meetings on behalf of Head of Operations.
- Prepare special or management reports such as monthly manpower, highlighting recruitment requirements etc. for submission to Head of Operations.
- Prepare and ensure sign off by attendees on Minutes of Meetings within the Operations department.
- Assist with Administrative Support to the Head of Operations at off-site meetings.
- All duties under this position is to be held in the strictness confidence. Confidentiality cannot be broken.
Client Delivery & Quality Control
- Type up rosters for all locations, upon receiving manual rosters from the Area Supervisors, and pass to Head of Operations for approval.
- Upon approval, forward to Command Centre Shift Supervisor to coordinate the distribution of monthly rosters to each location by the 28th of each month for the subsequent month as required. Monitor periodically to ensure that rosters are adhered to.
- Document notes and follow up from Operations Field Visits.
- Respond to / address queries from Security Officers in a timely manner, updating all necessary personnel, as required.
- Ensure follow up e-mails are done from Clients to locations.
- Prepare weekly Client reports.
- Ensure that Head of Operations is advised immediately on any anomalies with Officer postings and Command Centre personnel; update clients where necessary.
Reporting & Documentation
- In cases where Officers do not report for duty, capture information with regard to their absence and liaise with Head of Operations accordingly, before submitting to relevant Area Supervisor for execution of charges, file notes and to Administration for disciplinary letters and/or action.
- Monitor and record absenteeism and punctuality and provide Head of Operations with information fortnightly (on the first day following the fortnight-end), or as required.
- Based on feedback from Head of Operations on absenteeism, punctuality, or incidents, communicate with accounts, payroll and administration departments of any changes before salaries or wages are processed.
- Acquire information and prepare special client reports daily, weekly or as required within requested deadlines and forward to Head of Operations for approval and distribution e.g. trend analysis, location weekly reports etc.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- A Diploma in Business Management or related field;
- At least 2 years experience working in a similar position;
- Certified to operate firearms would be an asset;
- Experience in the Security Industry would be an asset.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent customer service skills
- Adapts to challenging situations and remains positive;
- Ability to work independently and as an effective part of a team;
- Professional, organized, and ability to plan and prioritise;
- Dependable and resourceful;
- Works well under pressure;
- Ability to multitask and problem-solve in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information with diplomacy;
- High level of honesty and integrity
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with Email and MS Office Suite.
Any equivalent combination of qualifications, experience and skills.