Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
To oversee the activities of sections within the Accounts Department; provide supervision and guidance to junior staff and provide financial reports to management.
- Prepare designated financial statements and related balance sheet schedules.
- Review the accounts payable cycle and ensure that supplier statement reconciliations are conducted in a timely manner
- Review the accounts receivable cycle and ensure that customer reconciliations are completed in a timely manner
- Review actual financial results against budgets to determine the progress and status of attaining objectives
- Approve documentation supporting payment requests after ensuring they are appropriately authorised and that funds are available
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by management in an efficient and effective manner.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION /EDUCATION:
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to coach, develop and empower employees
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of MS Office suite
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a similar position
- Able to prepare and present financial reports
- Auditing experience, preferably in a sales & distribution environment
- AS400 experience will be an asset
- A team player
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated
- Able to multitask, work independently and manage competing priorities effectively
- Able to motivate and mentor others
The interest expressed by all candidates is appreciated, however only suitable applications would be acknowledged.