Job Title: Operations Manager
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Office Gems is facilitating the recruitment of an Operations Manager for the Community Care Credit Union. The Operations Manager ensures that the member-facing operations of the Credit Union are both efficient and engaging. He/she will be responsible for the efficient, effective and confidential day-to-day operations of the Lending & Risk Management and the Sales, Marketing and Communications Departments. The role is responsible for maximizing employee productivity and effectiveness through leadership and coaching.
Community Care Credit Union is a community-based credit union, with branches in Curepe and Fyzabad. This position will be based in the CUREPE office. The Credit Union offers a wide range of products and services designed to improve the economic, social and spiritual well-being of its members. Visit www.communitycarecu.org for more information about the Community Care Credit Union.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
The Operations Manager reports to the General Manager and will also be required to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and follow the requirements of all compliance regulations, including but not limited to those of Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU), Anti-Money Laundering/ Combatting the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT), Know Your Customer Identification Program (KYC) and Member Due Diligence (MDD) as it specifically relates to their job functions.
- Promote and track transaction volume, key products/sales and activity to ensure profitable and sound business practices for the Credit Union.
- Assess existing and new markets for business development opportunities
- Assist with post-loan administration to ensure all necessary securities are perfected.
- Supervise Securities Administration.
- Properly secure member/credit union information in accordance with Credit Union privacy and confidentiality policies.
- Prepare monthly reports for Management and Board
- Promote a favorable image of the Credit Union and project a professional co-operative attitude.
- Coordinate the presentation of material for the review/approval of the General Manager and/or Credit Committee
- Responsible for implementation and supervision consistent with the overall strategic plan and budget of the Credit Union.
- Train and maintain a highly motivated, well trained staff, ensuring effective employee relations. Create and maintain positive morale and promote positive working atmosphere to ensure retention of staff and loyalty of members.
- Schedule staff, conduct performance reviews, disciplinary actions, and recommend salary adjustments.
- Adhere to CCCU’s policies and procedures and standard practices.
The Employee shall be trained annually in AML/CFT compliance.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary level qualification in Management, Finance or Accounting
- Basic knowledge and understanding of credit unions and their objectives.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a financial institution.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in supervising staff/volunteers and leading a team
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in Office Management
- Some experience in appraisal and performance management
- Some experience in working under own initiative
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of what makes an effective and well-run office and its importance in protecting reputation and image
- Average level of understanding of interpersonal skills and methods for managing people
- Adequate understanding of what makes communication effective
- Proficient with computers and working with MS Office, especially Excel.
- Any equivalent combination of qualifications, training and experience.
Interested applicants are asked to email their résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before July 25, 2018 with the subject “Operations Manager”.
Kindly advise of your preferred salary range and please provide the names, telephone numbers and email addresses for one (1) personal and two (2) professional references.