Job Title: Field Service Technician I (Electrical/ Mechanical)
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
This position is responsible for Installation, Maintenance, Troubleshooting, and Repair of Rotating Equipment their auxiliaries and/or industrial and process plant machinery and equipment. This position is deemed an entry level position.
- Inspect, repair, install, weld, wire controls and perform continuous preventive maintenance on all rotating equipment inclusive of but not limited to motors, compressors, pumps as well as other machinery inclusive of but not limited to mechanical, electrical systems that are under the Companies’ contractual obligations and/or as requested by the clients.
- Ability to work from standards and specifications as detailed by manufacturing guidelines, equipment manuals, technical drawings, schematics and/or legal regulations. Also, the ability to guide and orient clients should in case their preferences vary as there will be no divergence on our behalf to disregard the standards and specifications.
- Requires a broad, basic knowledge of repair and calibration procedures and techniques.
DETAILS OF FUNCTION:
- Ensures that machines continue to run smoothly by performing continuous preventative maintenance such as checking fluid levels, replacing filters, electrical maintenance or performing other maintenance actions according to job plans on work orders and general observations.
- Detects machine malfunctions or problems by paying attention to unusual sounds and/or visually inspecting machines or equipment and by starting machines and observing mechanical operations, gauges, gas flow meters, and readings in the control panel to determine proper functioning of equipment.
- Removes and repairs or replaces by dismantling defective machines and equipment (i.e. engines and compressors) and installing new or repaired parts by following specifications and blueprints and using precision measuring equipment.
- Reassembles machines after repair or maintenance work by understanding mechanical/electrical operations of the equipment components, observing how machines were taken apart, and referencing technical manuals.
- Records production, repair, and machine maintenance information by filling out the log book in the control panel, at the office and/or via work detail forms from the clients recording the same information in work order and in your daily typed email reports.
- Communicates to customers and supervisors about complying with safety procedures by filling out a printed JSA (job safety analysis) form for each work assignment.
- Follows safety procedures by wearing protective clothing and gear and participates in safety trainings provided by each customer.
- Assists in other related functions that management may require in keeping with your qualifications and expertise.
REPORTING: Reports directly to the Service Lead Technicians.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Secondary Education, Diploma in MEEET/EEET/MET Technician’s Diploma, Wireman’s License or Welding Certification.
- At least two (2) years or more related experience and/or training associated with Industrial and Process Plant Operations inclusive of but not limited to one or more of the following areas an asset: electrical, general mechanical, plumbing, piping systems, motors, valves, compressors or engines.
- Ability to drive Class Three (3) Vehicles (Manual).
- Class Four (4) License an Asset.