Job Title: Lifting & Rigging Specialist
Town / City: Mayaro / Point Fortin / Port-of-Spain
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Lifting & Rigging Specialist
The Lifting & Rigging Specialist is responsible for providing assistance in field of Lifting & Rigging, geared towards improving and sustaining the overall safe management of lifting activities.
- Assist in the planning and management of all fixed and loose lifting equipment for Massy Wood Group operations, both onshore and offshore. This will include working with the 3rd party company who are contracted to carry out inspections to the British Standards BS and in line with Lifting Equipment Lifting Operations Regulations LOLER SI 2307 98.
- Monitor and assist (as required), in bridging the competence gaps of parties involved in the rigging & lifting process.
- Demonstrate a high level of safety awareness to ensure all Massy Wood Group and subcontractors are aware of lifting standards. To proactively assist whoever necessary to improve and maintain the HS&E performance.
- Assist in the delivery of in-house training when the need arises. This may take the form of formal or informal courses delivered by the in house NSL Instructor.
- Review content of Lift Plans for Massy Wood Group based work-loads.
- Work with all Crane and Lifting Contractors, both offshore and onshore, to assure quality of the service and compliance to the company technical and HSSE policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance along with Lifting and Rigging Focal Point, interfacing with the specialist contractors, Massy Wood Group departments and the Client, for Routine work on fixed/loose lifting Equipment.
- Review and update policies and procedures surrounding Lifting activities in accordance with Client standards, procedures and practices.
- Review all Simple, Complicated and Complex lifting plan prior to submittal to Client Technical Authority (TA) for approval.
- Perform all other related job functions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from a recognised university or MET (Mechanical Engineering Technician) certification or accepted equivalent.
- Minimum Level 3 certification in Lifting & Rigging from a recognized training provider.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is also required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar role in the oil and gas industry.
- Ability to interpret complex or diverse information.
- Ability to delegate work assignments and give authority to work independently, set expectations and monitor delegated activities.
- Ability to work effectively and prioritise in a high performance, fast-paced work environment
- Inspires and motivates others to work well and accepts feedback
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.