· Experience in carrying out general building services and other duties i.e. HVAC, Electrical, Mechanical, Instrumentation, plumbing, lamp and tube replacement and basic carpentry.
· Able to assist general wear and tear repairs, general plumbing assistance as well as assisting in proactive maintenance of the facilities
· Able to assist in other civil/carpentry as may be required from time to time
· Performs Preventive Maintenance tasks on all site assets
· Knowledge of safety precautions required for isolating and maintaining services systems throughout a large site e.g. Electrical, HVAC systems, pumps, valves, motors etc.
· Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
· Performs a wide variety of general and semiskilled maintenance activities (e.g. carpentry, painting, electrical, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects within established time frames.
· Installs system component parts and equipment and facility components (e.g. lighting, heating and ventilating systems, alarms, plumbing, security, electrical panels, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and workable environment.
· Coordinates with skilled tradesmen and/or assigned supervisor(s) for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
· Assists skilled maintenance workers with projects (e.g. transporting and/or securing materials, completing specific tasks, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects in a safe, efficient manner.
· Cleans District buildings and grounds areas as needed and/or assigned for the purpose of providing an effective working environment, preventing damage and/or limiting liability exposure.
· Repairs furniture and building system components for the purpose of ensuring a safe working condition.
· Maintains assigned vehicle, tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition.
· Maintains on-site equipment
· Assists with Grounds maintenance / landscaping
· Able to conduct routine daily checks of the facilities
· Prepares written materials (e.g. job cards, daily & nightly checklists, pool checks etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
· Provides feedback to Help Desk and Team Lead on all jobs
· Report all Near Misses
· Identify and report HSE issues
· Make recommendations for more efficient operations
· Able to assist in haulage, packing, movement of office equipment etc
· Arranges furniture and equipment for the purpose of providing adequate preparations for special events.
· Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
· Be capable of safe work on all above mentioned equipment and able to identify possible failure of such equipment on visual inspection.
· Be trained to carry out basic checks on portable electrical equipment
· Participates in meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
· Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
· Any other duties that may be added on from time to time