Job Title: Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
Location: EAST -ARIMA/SANGRE GRANDE
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN A
Reports to: Electrical Superintendent
Last Review Date: 07/08/2016
Department: Reliability & Projects
Location : Arima
Dept. Head : Senior Manager – Reliability & Projects
Prepared by: HR /Maintenance
- To provide support to the maintenance team on equipment improvements and the daily maintenance efforts throughout the mill.
- To support the operations of the plant and perform maintenance duties to effectively meet departmental KPI’s w.r.t. safety, reliability, uptime, efficiency and cost.
- Reports to the E&I Superintendent or designate
- Provide support as required
- Work in a team environment with maintenance, operations, and engineering personnel.
- Perform inspections, preventative and corrective work within specified timeframes to precision maintenance standards
- Troubleshoot electrical and pneumatic components using precision maintenance techniques.
- Installation and repairs to electrical and pneumatic components to manufacturers standards/specifications and/or to precision maintenance standards
- Troubleshoot and take corrective action for “Break-In” jobs
- Analyse problems and develop solutions to reduce occurrences of unplanned equipment shutdowns
- Assist in scoping and planning of jobs
- Provide training on precision maintenance topics to other team members
- Maintain housekeeping to mill standards
- Complete documentation as required by the department
- Adhere to and maintain the company’s Health and Safety policy and standards
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Any other duties as assigned by E&I Superintendent or designate.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- EEET certificate or equivalent
- Five (5) years’ experience in industrial maintenance
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Must be able to read & understand drawings and handle measuring instruments.
- Must understand job planning, scoping, and schedule compliance.
- Must be able to train other technicians in troubleshooting and methodology.
- Must have good working knowledge of differ types of control and control wiring.(Electrical, Electronic and Pneumatic).
- Must have good working knowledge of power systems.
- Good discipline and cooperation with others in a team base environment
- Must be able to select suitable tools for tasks assigned.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skill with attention to detail.
- Good work ethic and flexibility to work overtime and shift.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to contribute to continuous improvement techniques to improve output, quality and cost.