Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Sector: HUMAN RESOURCES,RECRUITMENT/ TRAINING
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Job Description: Group Human Resource Manager
The Group Group Human Resource Manager reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is key to the establishment of a human resource management infrastructure, related institutional policies and support systems, which facilitate the attraction, management, development, well-being and retention of the human resources required to effectively achieve the objectives of the Company. The incumbent is responsible for the development and implementation of employee-based policies; resolves employee issues; supports the recruitment, training and development, performance management, compensation, industrial relations and benefits administration efforts; assists with the shaping of an appropriate internal culture and contributes to other employee-related development activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Staff Recruitment and Orientation
- Prepare and update job descriptions for all positions and manage the internal recruitment process, assisting managers with candidate selection as required.
- Ensure that regular recruitment drives are conducted to ensure adequate Security Officer staffing levels are in place / maintained.
- Conduct and analyse exit interviews and recommend changes to systems in order to maintain the appropriate levels of staff.
- Prepare employees for assignment by establishing and conducting orientation and training programmes.
Performance Management & Training and Development
- Provide support for, and ensure compliance with, the company’s performance management system / policy.
- Perform periodic reviews with a view to identifying gaps for training and development, in order to maintain the Company’s performance.
- Prepare training plans for employees in consultation with the relevant managers.
Industrial Relations and Discipline
- Conduct investigations, maintain records and ensure compliance with applicable laws.
- Ensures managers are equipped to coach and guide employees, hear and resolve employee grievances and counsel employees, as required.
- Keep up to date on case law and act as internal expert in disciplinary matters. Where there is misconduct, provide advice and support to line managers during the investigation phase and especially when a decision is taken to institute formal disciplinary proceedings.
- Facilitate disciplinary hearings, as required.
- Ensure all relevant documents (– letters, memos, reports, employment contracts etc.) are completed in a timely manner.
- Proactively implement sound, up to date policies and procedures and make sure that they are implemented consistently within the organisation.
- Conduct compensation research and analysis in order to appropriately recommend, plan and implement revisions to the Company’s compensation and benefits structure.
- Ensure that any changes to payroll are submitted to Accounts in a timely manner (e.g. new recruits, promotions, renewals, and terminations).
- Design, implement and update the filing, retrieval and retention systems in order to provide current and historical human resource records.
- Manage the employee leave system, ensuring accurate recording of all leave, as well as reporting to Executive on any trends of concern/note, and recommendation and execution of any necessary associated actions.
- Monitor employee climate, and conduct any necessary interventions necessary to inculcate and maintain a healthy and productive work environment.
- Provide advice, assistance and follow-up, on employees’ queries, company policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Prepare relevant HR reports for input into meetings, as required (e.g. for HR Committee, Board, Executive).
- Provide inputs for the development of yearly departmental budgets, monitors expenditure, analyse and report on variances and implement approved corrective actions.
- Any other related functions and responsibilities consistent with this role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Anilities
- Excellent knowledge of Human Resource management policies, practices, laws and regulations.
- Sound knowledge of Industrial Relations Principles and Practices.
- Excellent coaching, negotiation, influencing and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- High standard of presentation / training / facilitation skills.
- Ability to inspire confidence and trust.
- Highly customer service oriented.
- Proven leadership and problem solving skills.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resource Management, or relevant related field.
- Post graduate qualification in Human Resource Management, or relevant field would be considered an asset.
- At least five (5) years experience in Human Resource Management, with at least three (3) of those years in a lead position.
Any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills and abilities.