Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: Marketing & Communications Manager
Sector: ADVERTISING, MARKETING, MEDIA, COMMUNICATIONS
Location: CENTRAL -COUVA,POINT LISAS
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of the Organization’s Marketing, Communications strategies and Public Relations plan/activities( both internal and external). The Marketing & Communications Manager directs the efforts of the Marketing, Communications staff and co-ordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the Organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Planning and Budgeting
- Develop short- and long-term Marketing plans and budgets for the Marketing, Communications/ Public Relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance vs performance targets.
- Responsible for the achievement of Marketing mission, goals and financial objectives with the aim of increasing Market Share and Revenue.
- Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the General Manager, Operations.
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the Marketing /Communications/Public Relations function.
- Keep informed of developments in the fields of Marketing, Communications and public relations and use this information to help the Credit Union operate with initiative and innovation.
- Develop and implement annual calendar of promotional plans and activities to achieve financial targets.
Marketing, Communications and Public Relations
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of:
- Ø a comprehensive Marketing, Communications and Public \Relations program that will enhance VENTURE’s image and position within the industry and facilitate internal and external communications.
- Ø all Organization Marketing, Communications and Public Relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, host Company acquisition and so forth.
- Responsible for all activities for the successful promotion of the Credit Union’s products and services.
- Marketing collateral:
- Ø Development of a media plan and manage media relations
- Ø Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
- Development of a media plan and manage media relations.
- Ensure articulation of the Credit Union’s corporate image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the Organization, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization publications.
- Liasie with artists, media and event planners as required
- Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Act as the Credit Union’s ambassador with the media.
- Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures.
- Provide counsel to stakeholders on marketing, communications and public relations.
- Ensure that the Organization regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity. Monitor and report on trends as required.
- Leads projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing, special events and corporate events.
Monitoring & Tracking
- Monitor competitor activities and develop strategic plans to effectively counteract the competition.
- Enforce and monitor the Internal Communication policy, organize events and ensure effective execution.
- Keep updated on industry trends to ensure competitive advantage.
- Work with staff to:
- Ø develop and maintain a strategic perspective -- based on market position, member needs and satisfaction -- in organizational direction, program and services, and decision-making
- Ø ensure the overall health and vitality of the Credit Union’s Corporate Image.
- Help make sure that the Organization’s philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization.
- Develop and coordinate means to seek regular input from relevant persons regarding the quality of programs and services and the Organization’s relevance.
- Help formulate and administer policies to ensure the integrity of the Organization.
- Act as an internal consultant to bring attention and solutions to related priorities.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel.
- Train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, coach, promote and guide staff.
- Ensure effective management within the Marketing, Communications and Public Relations function, with provision for succession.
- Design, support and oversee cross-functional teams throughout the Organization.
- Effectively enable staff so they can take action on behalf of the Organization by:
- Ø effectively communicating the Organization’s values, vision and mission
- Ø respecting and optimising the use of skills, expertise, experience and insights of staff
- Ø communicating which includes helping people transform information into knowledge and learning
- Ø leading by example
- Ø coaching staff to success.
- Assist the Credit Union with other duties associated with accomplishing the mission of the Organisation.
- Serve on relevant Committees and ensure all events are brought in under budget and well executed