Job Title: Instrumentation & Controls Engineer III
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: CENTRAL -COUVA,POINT LISAS
Town / City: Point Lisas / Port-of-Spain
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Instrumentation & Controls Engineer III
- Originate discipline deliverables. Responsible for dealing with the majority of situations encountered on own initiative but may need to refer to information sources or senior discipline personnel in some cases.
- Produce solutions that are safe, cost effective, fit for purpose and add value to both Massy Wood Group and the client. Deals with the majority of situations encountered on own initiative but may need to refer to information sources or senior discipline personnel in some cases.
- Provide constructability input to designs and direction regarding installation test and pre-commissioning of equipment to ensure compliance with agreed scopes of works.
- Provide Construction engineering support to construction and commissioning activities.
- Ensure that work output complies with relevant procedures, codes and practices.
- Provide technical assistance to Construction Supervisors and Field Inspectors.
- Participate and perform troubleshooting exercises to resolve any work related technical issues.
- Participate as necessary in discussions with client and visit jobsites when necessary.
- Assist the Construction Group when requested in the execution of their responsibilities and duties
- Is a source for guidance on a range of discipline applications.
- Conduct surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow execution of scopes of work.
- Familiar with good engineering practices and work processes.
- Self-checking of own work.
- Capture and communicate lessons learnt
- Deliver assigned tasks within man-hour budget and schedule.
- Identify increases or reductions in scope of work within own area of responsibility and advising the Discipline Lead Engineer accordingly.
- Identify areas of concern during the course of any project to the Discipline Lead Engineer while proposing necessary corrective action.
- Knowledge and application of client specific standards.
- Prepare timesheets accurately and timely.
- Manage relationships with Management, Construction Staff and clients
- Provide continuous improvements to construction service delivery.
- Perform all other related job functions as needed.
- First Degree in Engineering.
- Seven (7) years’ minimum experience in a similar position.
- Must possess skilled knowledge of discipline design software and tools.
- Must possess working knowledge of a majority of discipline design applications
- Experience and Knowledge of discipline software and tools.
- Experience and Knowledge of a majority of discipline applications and subject matters.
- Basic knowledge in managing jobs / projects.
- Membership in a professional body.
- Fulfilment of the requirements to obtain either professional or registered engineering status