· Responsible for the day-to-day operations of waste facilities (including landfills, transfer stations, etc.);
· Involved in the planning, infrastructure & civil earthwork design, permitting & compliance, layout, and engineering of waste facilities;
· Liaising and supervision of contractors/external clients;
· Collaborate with GM Ops in the development and management site operational procedures, improvement in efficiency and control costs;
· Implement and manage effective environmental monitoring systems;
· Responsible for developing and managing solutions related to stormwater, landfill gases, leachate, closure and post-closure arrangements for existing facilities;
· Evaluating design options, construction materials and equipment for waste facility projects;
· Project management including proposal and budget preparation;
· Involved with the preparation of bid and contract documents, payment certificates etc. generally and for engagement of material and equipment contractors etc;
· Carrying out construction quality assurance processes to confirm works are carried out to accepted design;
· Provide guidance in relation to the development of new waste management systems and facilities as part of IWMS, in accordance with recognised policies, legalisation and environmentally sound practices.
· Assist in the preparation of strategic, operational and budgetary plans for the department
· Assist in maintaining HSE policies and procedures that deliver high quality waste management services;
· Prepares monthly, periodic progress, annual and final/close-out reports for submission to the GM as required;
· Performs special assignments and other duties as required.