Job Title: Field Supervisor
Sector: SECURITY, LAW ENFORCEMENT
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Job Description: Field Supervisor
The Field Supervisor reports to the Head of Operations and provides leadership and supervision of overall field services, ensuring the smooth and effective day-to-day running of all site-based security teams, in adherence to client and company policies, procedures and standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Location Supervisor/Team Lead to ensure the production of shift/rosters for security personnel to cover designated facilities and shifts, and submit to Head of Operations.
- Distribute monthly rosters to each location and ensure that they the relevant officers have committed to each shift.
- Report and investigate any significant security breaches, unusual occurrences, incidents, or accidents to Head of Operations immediately and submit timely reports (at latest before the end of the current shift) and recommendations for action or information in consultation with Administration department.
- Ensure that client complaints are acknowledged appropriately within the shift period, and resolved within an appropriate time frame specified.
- Responds to alarms and alert calls, and follow escalation guidelines accordingly, ensuring all appropriate actions and requisite communications take place.
- Ensure all company and client Standing Orders are adhered to and service targets are achieved.
- Proactively collaborate with Head of Operations and Clients, where required, to revise processes and procedures, to address any potential issues or new requirements arising.
- Be informed and up to date with client's specific security needs on locations assigned and seek approval from Head of Operations for any requested changes to policy or Standing Operating Procedure.
- Must be familiar with all locations under the company’s protection and the relevant Standing Orders and will be required to fulfill such duties of the location when instructed to do so by the Head of Operations, or representative of that office.
- Assist in posting of Officers to meet the client obligations, as necessary.
- Conduct mobile/ foot patrols periodically on all client locations and submit reports on the location physical status; identifying and documenting all unusual observations and escalate to the appropriate person(s) for action and/or information.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to Head of Operations on a timely basis, as required.
- Ensure that standards are maintained in line with STOW certification.
- Ensure full compliance to all the Company’s Environmental Health and Safety Policies and Procedures to all employees while executing duties to achieve 0% loss time due to incidents / accidents.
- Ensure proper deportment and compliance to company dress code by all officers whilst on duty. Inspect and ensure all diaries (pocket and post), registers and log books are done in accordance to guidelines and specification.
- Inspection of all equipment assigned to the location or security officer, to ensure they are accounted for and in working order.
- Assist with the delivery of documents / items; e.g. payslips to client locations, if required.
- Assist with the delivery of official documents/equipment to Officers e.g. pay slips, disciplinary letters, job letters, uniforms, etc.
- Prepare and execute appropriate disciplinary action against Officers in collaboration with Administration/ Operations departments i.e. charges, file notes etc.
- Approve all timesheets, against the Station Diary and Attendance Book, ensuring that thy are accurate and complete, before submitting same to payroll by stipulated deadline.
- Conduct relevant training, motivate, and provide guidance to subordinates to improve services.
- Ensure that toolbox meetings are conducted for both A.M. and P.M. shifts for all assigned locations.
- Conduct appraisals for Location Supervisors/Team Leads, or Security Officers where there is no Location Supervisor/Team Lead; making recommendations for the appropriate training/ re-training and other interventions that will enable them to perform effectively and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Supervise Location Supervisors/Team Leads and ensure execution of their Job Description as outlined and manage non-performance appropriately, reporting same to Head of Operations.
- Submit relevant documentation to support cases of non-conformances or any breach in company’s standing orders immediately to the Head of Operations for guidance and execution, if required.
- Perform other related duties as may be required by the Head of Operations or designate
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- A Diploma in Business Management or related field;
- At least 3 years experience working in a Supervisory position;
- Certified to operate firearms would be an asset.
- Valid driver’s license, with at least 5 years active driving experience; defensive driving would be an asset.
- Experience as a Security Officer, or in the Security Industry would be an asset.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
- Excellent customer service skills
- Adapts to challenging situations and remains positive;
- Ability to work independently and as an effective part of a team;
- Professional, organized, and ability to plan and prioritise;
- Dependable and resourceful;
- Works well under pressure;
- Ability to multitask and problem-solve in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with diplomacy;
- High level of honesty and integrity
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Email and MS Office (Word, Excel).
- Must be able to work shift duties – a.m., p.m., weekends, mixed.
- Must be able to manage and effectively resolve issues of anger and conflict with Security Officers.
- Must be accessible by cell phone at any time, particularly whilst on duty.
Any equivalent combination of qualifications, experience and skills.