Job Title: QA/QC Engineer
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The QA/QC Engineer will be responsible for assisting the QA/QC Manager in execution of the quality assurance and quality control Management program by ensuring the implementation of Projects QA Plans, Project Procedures and all related Quality documents during the Engineering, Procurement and Construction phases.
- Evaluate and ensure the compliances of Engineering, Procurement and Construction inputs into EPC project design and execution.
- Plan and support on the execution of QAQC plans within Inspection activities/findings for the Construction/ Engineering/ Procurement functions.
- Assist all team members in improving and identifying areas of improvement of all processes through internal audit, risk assessments and day to day recommendations.
- Liaises with the Organization Leaders in the coordination of all Internal Quality Audits as per approved schedule.
- Conduct Internal Audits.
- Monitors implementation of corrective actions in response to the identification of nonconforming products/services.
- Monitoring of the review, distribution and revision of procedures, drawings and process flow diagrams.
- Review work procedures and method statements for compliance with good work practices and the customers contract specializations.
- Review with all Field Supervisors and Inspectors the correct reporting of all Construction projects, with reference to applicable codes and standards/procedures
- Review and approve product/material requisitions and validate quality control and certification requirements
- Coordinate product/material inspection activities in accordance to the specifications set out in purchase orders, datasheets, drawings and client specifications/ requirements, Inspection & Test plans
- Coordinate with Project Managers and Construction Manager the correct implementation of Subcontractors Quality Programs and Construction activities.
- Responsible for the Subcontractor QA training and Quality inductions session with Subcontractors and Suppliers to ensure compliance between subcontracted services and Company/Client best practices.
- Conducting site visits as the need arises, to Subcontractor/Vendor Workshops and Massy Wood Group’s site-execution locations.
- Contribute to the achievement of ISO 9001 certification of Massy WG’s Management system.
- Assist in the maintenance, documentation and deployment of the Company’s quality management system, client guidance practices and standards.
- Supporting with the client Quality representatives in order to address Quality topics.
- Liaises with HSSE representatives (internal, client & external) to encourage the Safety Performance and safe behavior, ensure inherent compliance of maintenance documentation with Company and Client’s safety standards.
- Performs all other related job functions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution in the field of Engineering or related discipline.
- Certification in Quality (must be based on ISO 9001) from a recognised Institution. (e.g. CQE or higher)- mandatory
- Certified Lead Quality Auditor certification from a recognised Quality Professional Body will be an asset.
- Knowledge and experience leading audits on Quality Management Systems based on ISO 9001:2008
- Familiar with FEED deliverables, equipment, design and construction progress reviews
- Knowledge and/or familiarity with the relevant ASME and API codes (relating to piping, pressure vessel inspection) as well as AWS welding/fabrication codes.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively and prioritize in a high performance, fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Inspires and motivates others to work well and accepts feedback.
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Proficient in Computer Applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office.