Job Ref.: RIL-TSC
Job Title: Technical Services Coordinator
Location: SOUTH -SAN FERNANDO,POINTE A PIERRE
Town / City: San Fernando
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The position holder is responsible for the planning, scheduling and monitoring the operations of the Installations Department; ensuring that all commercial installations, maintenance and repairs to filling stations and bulk trucks are done according to set standards. The Technical Services Coordinator is also responsible for the development of new business opportunities in the service sector and expanding the existing customer base in the Liquefied Petroleum Sector (LPG) sector.
Technical Services Department
- Ensures that all Commercial Installations including piping for natural gas and LPG as well as piping for one hundred (100) gallon bulk tanks and upwards are properly carried out according to NFPA 58 and Ministry of Energy/ Fire Services guidelines.
- Develop and implement the installation of all Residential 100lb customers utilizing copper tubing according NPFA guidelines, Trinidad and Tobago National Petroleum Company (TTNPMC) guidelines and Ministry of Energy/ Fire Services guidelines.
- Develop and implement new strategies to commercially market RIL technical services to existing and new customers utilizing LPG.
- Research and recommend new business initiatives within the core technical competencies of the LPG sector.
- Visits potential customer sites to determine the scope of the job; (installation, supply of product etc.) Prepares an estimate and forwards it to the Administrative Assistant.
- Ensures that all necessary parts/supplies for jobs to be done are in stock or that the items can be sourced and supplied when needed in keeping with set policy and procedure.
- Supervises reporting staff in the maintenance of filling stations – pump, meter, by-pass valve, and piping ensuring that the job is carried out according to set standard.
- Ensures that all Bulk Trucks and Haulage Tankers including piping, pumps, tank fittings, by-pass valve, meter, swivel joint, and hose reel are properly maintained and functioning.
- Responds to all customer calls concerning leaking installations and tanks and retrieves same from customers.
- Responsible for ensuring all customer LPG storage tanks are within five years of test date
- Responsible for ensuring that a database is maintained, clearly highlighting all customer LPG tanks with the following information:
- Customer name
- Customer Address
- Phone Number
- Tank serial number
- Current Test Date
- Next Due Test Date
- Ensures that all support staff adheres to the LPG Tank inspection procedure with particular emphasis on visual inspection for tank defects and corrosion
- Prepares a schedule in collaboration with the Team Leader for all work of the installations team and forward schedule to Operations Manager on a weekly basis
- Conducts pressure test on non-standard cylinders using compressed air and water in accordance with NFPA 58
- Fosters the development of new business customers, determines their needs and take necessary steps to satisfy needs and retain same.
- Liaises with the Ministry of Energy and Fire Services in a cordial and professional manner to get approval for all installations over one (100) gallons.
- Prepares the Monthly Maintenance Report for tank wagons and bulk trucks within three working days after the end of the month.
- Monitors Bulk Tanks in the Tank Lease Programme to determine if repairs/replacements are required.
- Promote the services provided by Ramco’s installation unit to expand customer base
- Conduct market research to determine needs of the customer and new business opportunities outside the LPG sector.
- Develop the existing installation team to be customer oriented and target focus
- Explore business opportunities outside the LPG sector utilizing the experience of the installation team
- Responsible for and ensures the efficient servicing of defective customer cylinders according to set policies.
Vehicle Inspection/ Maintenance:
- Liaises with the Fleet Manager to ensure the annual inspection of all Bond Vehicles in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Ensures that all L.P.G. Tankers undergo a hydrostatic test on their due dates.
- Ensures that all L.P.G Tankers meet the safety requirements outlined by NP on an annual basis.
Human Resource Activities:
- Ensures that the Installation Department is adequately staffed at all times so as to ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of the operations.
- Responsible for Performance Assessment of all Installation employees and ensures that performance standards and measurement established in consultation with Management are met.
- Administers the validated employees (under direct supervision) leave register forms and ensures that set policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
Plant Maintenance Department
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained according to the following schedules:
- Breakdown Maintenance.
- Daily Maintenance.
- Weekly Maintenance.
- Monthly Maintenance.
- Quarterly Maintenance.
- Yearly Maintenance.
- Implements and maintains in conjunction with the Operations Manager controls for the speedy and easy retrieval of spare parts from the stock room.
- Ensures that all spare parts are ordered on a timely basis.
- To evaluate all aspects of the company’s operations to ensure compliance to sound engineering principles and techniques.
- To develop and maintain standard operating procedures for all aspects of the company’s operations and to ensure adherence to these operating procedures.
- To oversee the purchasing of foreign parts and equipment for the Plant and Garage Operations to ensure that the best prices are obtained.
- To oversee the systems for storage and accountability of all spare parts held by the company.
- To liaise with shipping companies to determine the most cost effective means of importing foreign parts and equipment.
- To develop, capture and analyze key monitoring indicators for all aspects of the company’s operations.
- To assist the Operations Manager in any special projects or upgrade works being undertaken by the company.
- To assist in the establishment and upkeep of preventative maintenance programs for the company’s rolling stock.
- To assist in general maintenance activities in the company, including repair of fixtures and fittings, housekeeping, maintenance of safety systems.