Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: Loan Officer
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: CENTRAL -COUVA,POINT LISAS
Town / City: COUVA
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Loan Officer I examines, evaluates and processes credit and loan applications. They should have extensive experience in underwriting the loan types offered by the Credit Union. The Loan Officer I works closely with the Loan Supervisor to ensure that the policy and procedures of the Credit Union are met.
- Interview members and accurately fill out loan application form, obtain all the necessary documentation to make the loan decisions, properly secure the collateral used to qualify for the loan and approve the loan (if authorized).
- Provide information to the membership concerning the different types of loans offered, the terms and interest rates and the documentation needed to be considered for a loan.
- Make loan decisions in a timely fashion to meet member needs.
- Grant loans according to the Credit Union’s Retail and Commercial Lending policies and procedures and in compliance with local law(s)
- Closing of loan process by ensuring that all relevant documentation from member is received and signed and cheques/funds are delivered to the member/their account
- Provide financial counselling to members in the wise use of credit.
- Refer all borrower requests for loan extensions, refinances, or any changes to original loan terms to the Branch Manager or as designated in policy.
- Make counter offers to borrowers that are trustworthy but cannot qualify for the loan they requested.
- Remain current on all personal credit obligations with the Credit Union.
- Participate in training seminars and workshops to improve loan underwriting skills and techniques.
- Assess lawyer and evaluator invoices.
- Provide monthly reports to management and staff.
- Conduct site visits and visit Host Companies to conduct Business Development presentations when needed.
- Liaise with lawyers and valuators for mortgage valuation searches.
- Liaise with branches on loan form approval.
- Make suggestions to the Loan Supervisor concerning changes to the Retail and Commercial Lending policies and or procedures.
- Identifies strategies to drive new loan business and in so doing meet individual loan targets
- Manages a portfolio of member accounts, ensuring that accounts are serviced according to arrangements and all necessary follow up is completed for past due accounts based on monthly delinquency report by loans officer.
- Cross sells services to members to enhance relationship.
- Support the designated officer with timely responses to audit enquiries from credit
- Process loans in the absence of the loan processing technician.
- Performs related duties as may be required by the Loan Supervisor.
- Ensure member satisfaction.
- Minimize the incidence of member dissatisfaction.
- Timely processing of loan applications.
- Promote the sale of Credit and Loan services.
- Ensuring that the Credit Union’s external image is favourable and that any adverse developments are quickly reported to management.
- Working with all other departments to ensure the Credit Union’s goals are met.