Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: Facilities Coordinator
Sector: FACILITIES,FACILITES MANAGEMENT,MAINTENANCE
Location: CENTRAL -COUVA,POINT LISAS
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent part-time
Responsible for providing a comfortable and safe operating environment by developing integrated systems, policies and procedures for the maintenance of VENTURE Credit Union’s facilities and assets by location.
- Develop and maintain the optimal structure for the effective functioning of the Facilities, Safety and Security department.
- Directing the development and implementation of preventative maintenance programs for identified areas as well as any remodels or constructions, capital projects, emergency repairs or immediate actions
- Develop and manage all upgrade and maintenance plans, to oversee the work of contractors and service providers.
- Assist each Branch Manager/Representative in all aspects of project implementation as needed, inclusive of support to the department Managers with external contacts as needed.
- Maintain and update administrative policies, procedures and processes relative to Health & Safety and Security.
- Managing and administrating service contracts and purchase requisitions associated with the development of maintenance of the facilities on site.
- Contributes to the overall effectiveness of VENTURE Credit Union by developing and implementing a comprehensive and integrated facilities and assets management and maintenance plan.
- Represent Facilities & Safety in inter-departmental meetings to support and facilitate communication and action between departments.
- Coordinate & supervise all Facilities activities, work direction, and support systems, inclusive of supervising and managing contractors.
- Working as part of a core team for planning, executing, controlling and close out of capital projects as well as provide coverage and services for the call out. Prepare/develop and maintain related RFP’s, bid information, and other contract documents, advising on the information submitted.
- Preparing financial analysis for special projects and developing cost reduction plans, where applicable. This will include processing quotations for projects, drafting, and overseeing maintenance and custodial operations.
- Providing advice to internal clients, developing specifications and recommend changes in specifications or any part of the organization for possible cost reduction.
- Promoting and maintaining ethical relationships with current and new suppliers or any company or individual soliciting business. This will include recommending suppliers based on the evaluation of information gathered regarding supplier performance, products, meeting deadlines, competitive pricing etc.
- Advising on design and construction, proposing modifications to existing designs and solutions, and recommending structural repairs when necessary.
- Developing scope of works for tenders including estimates, schedules, drawings and specifications. ensuring compliance with the approved procurement system, procedures and guidelines
- Oversees and manages projects as assigned and service providers, ensuring the prioritization of projects and activities, and the maintenance of all safety and quality standards and agreed upon timelines and goals.
- Prepares annual maintenance budget, scheduling expenditure, analysing variances, reporting on activities and implementing corrective action as required.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with security and administrative personnel, providing reports on activities, highlighting concerns and recommending corrective action.
- Develops and implements systems for the reporting of required repairs, assessment of on-call facility repair and maintenance services, identifies shortcomings in responsiveness, quality of repairs, communications, taking prompt and positive action to reduce downtime.
- Develops and maintains current and historical reference by implementing filing, retrieval, retention and security systems for all contracts, plans, work orders, etc. and maintaining an up to date register for approved contractors and service providers, inclusive of a frequency for revision of same.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies and advising on trends in maintenance and building renewal.
- Coordination of Health and Safety and other associated training along with the Training Officer.
- Management of the Institutions everyday Security Detail inclusive of on call duty in liaising with the security firm for building disruption/alarm trigger outside of standard business hours/weekends for the business.
- Schedule and conduct all safety drill.
- Prepare all Management Reports as required.