Job Title: Field Manager(Bakery Industry)
Sector: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT,SALES,RETAILING, DISTRIBUTION
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
POSITION TITLE: Field Manager
POSITION REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
POSITION PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The Field Manager is responsible for the overseeing of the operations of stores through sound management and leadership skills, maximising net operating income, maintaining the Core Values and Mission, upholding operations standards and demonstrating the Core Values to customers, employees and the community.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Monitor and oversee Company’s weekly sales goals in liaison with Bakery Managers to ensure achievement of targets in accordance with Company Strategic Plan;
- Drive incremental sales growth in collaboration with Bakery Managers;
- Manage bakery profit by controlling sales and operating costs with special emphasis on the critical food cost (Yields and Wastage);
- Monitor Bakery inventory levels to ensure product availability and optimum cash flow;
- Assist with Business Development and Marketing Coordinator with marketing programs, including the display of POP marketing/merchandising materials and corresponding training of employees;
- Proactively seeks local store marketing opportunities, contacting various organizations in the community for sales opportunities;
- Conduct periodic audits in collaboration with Audit and Compliance Coordinator at all locations;
- Monitor and evaluate guest service and satisfaction periodically and promptly address guest complaints to achieve suitable resolutions;
- Manages and troubleshoots equipment repairs and related paperwork by following company standards for reporting maintenance problems;
- Ensure product quality via implementation and execution of the PACE system, in all bakeries, taking corrective action when necessary;
- Monitor purchasing on a weekly basis to avoid expenses in excess of the monthly budget and labour budget
- Review and monitor employee’s working hours and weekly rosters, to avoid overtime;
- Monitor bakery staffing plans, to ensure adequate staffing per shift according the season;
- Develop succession plan in collaboration with Managing Director/Operations Manager
- Conduct interviews with appropriate selection tools and background process;
- In coordination with the HR Department, supervise Orientation for new employees;
- Supervise training processes and procedures for all employees and follow up to ensure thorough execution of training standards;
- Conduct performance reviews in a timely manner for Managers, Assistant Managers and Kitchen supervisors;
- Ensure all the Managers conduct staff evaluations at the requisite time;
- Direct and support Bakery Managers by coaching, counselling and training to accomplish Company Strategic Plan;
- Monitor procedures to ensure compliance with all Company policies, rules and regulations;
- Comply with OSHA and Health requirements and/or other agencies and ensures a clean and safe bakery environment at all times as defined by operational standards in the Operations Manual;
- Manage back office administrative duties in an accurate and timely manner;
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Managing and motivating people - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates
accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
III. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Directly manages a maximum of fifteen (15) employees, and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least eight (8) years experience in a similar position in food service and/or retail environment;
- At least five (5) years supervisory experience;
- Bakery experience would be an asset;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management; Hospitality; Marketing or Customer Service would be an asset.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge and understanding of financial statements, reports and accounting processes;
- Demonstrated ability to positively effect sales and profitability;
- Superior decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Superior conflict-management abilities;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style;
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access;