Job Title: Human Resource Assistant
Sector: HUMAN RESOURCES,RECRUITMENT
Location: EAST -ARIMA/SANGRE GRANDE
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
JOB TITLE: HUMAN RESOURCE ASSISTANT
CHANNEL OF COMMUNICATION: The Human Resource Assistant will report directly to the Human Resource Manager, or to any other person as may be designated; from time to time.
- Good understanding of basic payroll and Human Resource principles.
- Able to work accurately, meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Ability to participate in a team environment
AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- At least an Associate degree in Human Resource or a related field
- Knowledge of standard National Insurance and Personal Income Tax calculation.
- Good mathematical skills
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Good data entry and/or word processing skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to utilize an automated payroll system.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, for ledger purposes.
- Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
- Experience in a unionised environment will be an asset
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare job letters for all weekly and employees.
- Telephone relief when necessary.
- Update database of all employee’s leave benefits taken per year, including vacation, sick leave, casual leave
- File all employee letters and correspondences on a weekly basis.
- Maintain all employees personal files and ensure they are updated on a monthly basis.
- Prepare all NIS injury forms for employees.
- Assist in the preparation of Workmen’s Compensation forms for claims
- Assist in the preparation of Public Liability claims.
- Open files for all new employees.
- Prepare store package for all HR information, these packages must be done in an efficient and effective manner.
- Assist Payroll Clerk in checking monthly and forthnightly payroll listing and preparing outlets payroll packages.
- Prepare shortage information total for the Payroll Clerk.
- Payroll Clerk relief whenever necessary.
- The incumbent is required to perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned from time to time for the smooth operations of the Human Resource Department.