Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Crews Inn Hotel & Yatching Centre
Job Title: Front Office Representative
Location: WEST -DIEGO MARTIN,CHAGUARAMAS
Job Type: Permanent full-time
POSITION: Front Office Representative
REPORTS TO: Front Office Supervisor
Controls the reception, registration, room allocation and checking out of all guests and carries out verification and auditing of accounts.
- Liaises with other departments including Housekeeping, Marina and Maintenance to ensure facilities are always fit for purpose and of a standard in keeping with the image of CrewsInn. Reports any defects.
- Provides excellent customer service to both external and internal customers.
- Makes reservations for Hotel /Marina Guests
- Is knowledgeable of all services, processes and procedures of the hotel, marina and restaurant.
- Welcomes registers, assigns rooms /slips and allocates keys and establishes payment. Checks out guest and ensures payment.
- Handles all guest complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Makes arrangements for guest services as required.
Financial / Night Audits
- Ensures all procedures, policies and regulations relating to financial record keeping and money handling are adhered to, including the timely and accurate inputting and reporting of financial information.
- Carries out night audits to verity the accuracy of guest accounts by balancing departmental income, compiling computerized updates and verifying records.
Health and Safety
- Performs duties in a safe and efficient manner, consistent with company safety policies and procedures.
- Identifies and mitigates risks and reports all accidents.
- Security conscious at all times.
- Ensures effective procedures are in operation in emergencies.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent command of the English language
- Customer orientated and results driven including able to relate to the public in a warm, friendly and professional manner.
- Effective oral and written communication skills including being able to deal effectively with a variety of individuals both face to face and by telephone
- Computer literate
- Mathematical skills and knowledge of accounting practices
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 CXC /GCE passes (including Mathematics, Accounting, English)
- Computer Literacy
- Front Desk Experience (1 year)
- Experience in a Hotel environment and /or night auditing would be an asset
- Fluency in a foreign language would be an asset.
Hours of work:
Normal work week shall consist of forty hours, Sunday to Saturday on a shift basis covering 24 hours per day. Public Holidays will also be expected to be worked when required. In addition longer work hours may be required from time to time.
This vacancy is closed.