Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: Manager, Information Technology
Sector: MEDICAL/NURSING/PHARMCEUTICAL/ HEALTH CARE
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Manager, Information Technology at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA).
MANAGER, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
The Manager, Information Technology is responsible for planning, organising and managing the development, operations and maintenance of the Information Technology (IT) resources and infrastructure of the Authority and to effectively manage the delivery of all IT projects.
- Develop the Information Technology (IT) vision, policy, strategic plan and standards of the department in alignment with the mission and business plan of the Authority.
- Lead and manage IT projects, including the identification and mitigation of project risk; ensure quality in delivery and timeliness and facilitate effective utilisation of resources.
- Manage strategies to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the information systems of the Authority/Department and, to ensure the restoration of such information systems.
- Monitor the implementation of the policy and strategic plan to ensure compliance with organisational policies, procedures and the overall information management strategy.
- Manage the selection, implementation, operations and evaluation of security controls.
- Assess the need of the organisation for IT services and recommend the most appropriate and cost effective solutions in meeting such.
- Engage stakeholders in the planning and implementation of change needed for effective use of the IT services of the organisation.
- Provide technical management of the IT operations and ensure that the department’s agreed service levels and data integrity requirements of the Authority are met, and ensure adherence to all relevant procedures.
- Maintain the policy, standards and procedures for security and monitor the application and compliance of security operations procedures.
- Develop budgets, facilitate procurement, negotiations and contracting; and monitor IT expenditure on the organisation, all IT projects and operations.
- Keep abreast of new methods and trends in IT and products in order to advance and improve the Authority’s IT capabilities.
- Make recommendations for staffing to ensure that there are adequate, skilled personnel to meet Information Technology service delivery plans
- Perform related duties as directed by the organisational relationship.
Minimum Requirements and Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) years experience at a management level in the area of Information Technology (IT), including at least two (2) years in the development, implementation and operation of enterprise-wide IT systems.
- Training as evidenced by the possession of a recognised Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems Management, Computer Engineering or a related area.
- Minimum of seven (7) years experience at a management level in the area of Information Technology (IT), including at least four (4) years in the development, implementation and operation of enterprise-wide IT systems.
- Training as evidenced by the possession of a recognised Bachelor Degree.
- Certification in the area of IT from a recognised institution.
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience at a management level in the area of Information Technology (IT), in addition to at least five (5) years experience in the development, implementation and operation of enterprise-wide IT systems.
- Training as evidenced by the possession of a two-year Diploma/Certificate in IT from a recognised institution.
Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago.
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates by
January 11, 2017 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building # 39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.
This vacancy is closed.