Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: Plant Engineer II
Sector: MEDICAL/NURSING/PHARMCEUTICAL/ HEALTH CARE
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Plant Engineer II at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA).
PLANT ENGINEER II
The Plant Engineer II will be responsible for various maintenance tasks and repairs for equipment and machinery utilised at the Institution. Also, operates machines vital to the performance of maintenance repair.
- Provides assistance to the other plant personnel to execute proper maintenance and repairs.
- Monitors the operations of the electrical supply and distribution system as indicated on the mimic panel (including incoming high 33KV lines; breakers and switches; 6MVA transformers- including tap chasers, substations, generators, programmable logic controller and auxiliary panels).
- Repairs complex electrical devices and components requiring the use of schematic and wiring diagrams.
- Monitors the operations of all equipment and systems at the Institution, including but not limited to, the Sewage Treatment Plant, the Water Treatment Plant, the UPS and the Incinerator, Boilers, Chillers, Medical Gases Systems, Compressors, etc.
- Prepares requests for the maintenance of the plant equipment and facilities on the compound in which the plant operators are involved.
- Ensures that there is always an adequate supply of LOX, propane, bulk gaseous oxygen, nitrous oxide and chemicals for water treatment, as needed by the chillers and boilers.
- Checks the log sheets and the Plant Operators’ log books on a daily basis, assesses the plant operating conditions and take corrective action within the limits of defined responsibility.
- Inspectsthe plant/equipment and makes recommendations to improve the performance and reliability of same.
- Assists in the installation and commissioning of all new equipment.
- Monitors the performance of all equipment and maintains proper records on all units and assists in engineering investigations and the preparation of reports.
- Assists in the preparation of specifications for the procurement of equipment and materials related to Plant Operations and prepares Purchase Orders for equipment and spares.
- Assists in the operational activities/management on a daily basis in the operations unit.
- Assists in the preparations of budgets, with reference to the usage of utilities and services at the Institution.
- Prepares reports on Plant Operators’ breakdowns, accidents and plant malfunctions as delegated.
- Ensures that all operations comply with the Authority’s Policies/Procedures and International Standards.
- Manages and controls the facilities, resources, plant and equipment at the Institution.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the organisational relationship.
Minimum Requirements and Experience:
- Current Registration with the Engineering Board of Trinidad and Tobago.
Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago.
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates by January 11, 2017 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building # 39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.
This vacancy is closed.