Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Excellent Group of Companies
Job Title: Branch Manager
Sector: CUSTOMER SERVICE,ADMINISTRATIVE,BUSINESS-ADMIN,CLERICAL
Location: SOUTH -SAN FERNANDO,POINTE A PIERRE
Job Type: Permanent full-time
TITLE: Branch Manager
REPORTS TO: Operations Director
LOCATION: C3 Centre - San Fernando
TYPE: Full-Time Position Overview
To manage the efficient operations of the Branch, including supervising employees and supervisors and providing excellent customer service.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SALES:
- Ensure the highest level of customer service, leading by example, and training employees as necessary.
- Handle customer complaints promptly and efficiently; inform senior management of action/decisions.
- Effectively train employees in selling techniques, including cross-selling and substitutions.
- Ensure that the branch is always properly stocked in accordance with the Company's inventory system.
- Working with warehouse and local suppliers to ensure that goods are supplied in a timely manner.
- Ensure quality and quantity of goods received; including checking for freshness of products, expiry dates, damages, etc.
- High level of product knowledge and the ability to identify slow moving or dead items - respond appropriately, including ensuring that goods are properly rotated and care taken in order to eliminate damages.
Ensure that goods are priced accurately, that pricing is in keeping with the directives of management.
EFFICIENCY AND MAINTENANCE:
- Ensure store-level preventative maintenance program is operational in store, e.g. empty boxes always free from aisles, power outages procedures, etc.
- Identify needed repairs and forward the written requests for service to Maintenance Manager on a weekly basis.
- Communicate Fire and Robbery Drills to all employees.
- Responsible for determining labour needs, rostering of employee shifts, delegation of tasks, and adherence to procedures/policies
- Supervise day to day function of direct reports and be able to provide relief in cases of absences.
- Maintain a high level of productivity through continuous training and motivation, assessment and recommended disciplinary action.
OPERATIONS AND ADMINISTRATION:
- Inform Accounts on shortages/damages in delivery and incorrect billing of goods immediately.
- Follow up on cash control and security procedures.
- Process voids, discounts and clear cash tills regularly and in a timely manner.
- Accurately reconcile receipts, cash payments and prepare deposits for collection.
- Open and close store to ensure the hours of operation are in compliance with the company's regulations.
- Ensure efficient operation of event registry department.
- Review and analyze sales and controllable expenses and propose corrective action where needed.
- Maintain awareness of trends in local and foreign-assisted (franchised) competitors and relay such information to management.
- Carry out in-store marketing efforts to boost sales but with prior approval of management.
- Participate in company promotions as directed by management, ensuring that all promotional material is always clean and refreshed.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 6 CXC O levels, including Maths and English.
- Ability to work with numbers - sales figures, etc.
- Sales and customer service attitude.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Vision and stamina required to run a branch.
- Excellent People management skills.
- Strong organization and delegation skills.
- High level of confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Self-starter, excellent initiative.
- Positive attitude - optimist.
- Proven Teamwork and cooperation.
- Quick Learner - gain knowledge of products and procedures in a short time frame.
- Overtime may be required.
Interested persons please forward resume to:
Subject: Branch Manager
Human Resources 26-28 Gaston Street,
Lange Park Industrial Estate, Chaguanas
Subject: Branch Manager
Call us at 225-1010 Ext. 2126/2106 Fax#- 671-2070