Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Massy Wood Group Ltd.
Job Title: Senior Civil/Structural Engineer
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Senior Civil/Structural Engineer
The Senior Civil/Structural Engineer will be responsible for the preparation and checking of Civil/Structural engineering design deliverables.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Massy Wood Group and project specific Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Plans and Procedures.
- Knowledge of and adherence of Massy Wood Group and project specific Quality Management Systems and Procedures.
- Using a safe approach in design and working practices.
- Encouraging attention to Health, Safety, Security and Environment in other personnel.
- Self-Checking of own work.
- Following procedures for document control and discipline design.
- Originating discipline design deliverables.
- Assisting the Discipline Lead Designer or Discipline Function Lead as directed.
- Producing solutions that are safe, cost effective, fit for purpose and add value to both Massy Wood Group and the client.
- Ensuring operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design.
- Providing discipline design input in procurement and construction activities.
- Conducting surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow executive of scopes of work.
- Liaising with the Discipline Function Lead to identify and implement improvements in discipline design working practices.
- Capturing and communicating lessons learnt to the Discipline Function Lead
- Liaising with the Discipline Function Lead to identify areas for personal development and to develop a Training Plan.
- Working and progressing according to Training Plan
- Keeping a log of competencies gained through further education, external training and internal / on the job training.
- Identifying area where skills are lacking and suggest method of improving.
- Delivering assigned tasks within man-hour budget.
- Delivering assigned tasks to schedule.
- Identifying increase or reduction in scope of work within own area of responsibility and advising the Discipline Lead Designer accordingly.
- Identifying areas of concern during the course of any project to the Discipline Lead Designer while proposing necessarily corrective action.
- Preparing timesheets accurately and timely.
- Developing working relationship with client and supplier / vendor personnel.
- Communicating with Operations and Maintenance personnel to determine any opportunities where Massy Wood Group could provide solutions to existing problems or for improving the existing practice.
- Perform all other job functions as required.
- First Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Postgraduate degree will be considered an asset.
- Eight (8) – ten (10) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Must possess skilled knowledge of discipline design software and tools.
- Must possess working knowledge of a majority of discipline design applications
- Experience and Knowledge of discipline software and tools.
- Experience and Knowledge of a majority of discipline applications and subject matters.
- Experience and knowledge in supervising personnel.
- Basic knowledge in managing jobs / projects.
- Membership in a professional body.
- Fulfilment of the requirements to obtain either professional or registered engineering status
Please also note that the successful candidate may be required to attend duties at the Client’s facilities as needed.
Interested parties should submit resumes to the HR Department via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly place in subject of email – Senior Civil/Structural Engineer