Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Ruby Tuesday Trinidad
Job Title: Executive Chef
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Responsible for all food production including that used for banquet functions and other outlets.
Develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes.
Develop and monitor food and labor budget for the department.
Maintain highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans menus for all food outlets in the restaurant
- Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings
- Consults with the Food & Beverage Director about food production aspects of special events being planned
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained
- Interacts with food and beverage management to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and guests
- In conjunction with F&B management team, assist in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards
- Evaluates products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met
- Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff
- Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings
- Periodically visits dining area when it is open to welcome members
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times
- Perform other duties as directed.
EXECUTIVE CHEF SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and discipline all employees in the department
Provide, develop, train, and maintain a professional work force
Ensure all services to members are conducted in a highly professional and efficient manner
Ensure a safe working environment and attitude on the part of all employees in areas of responsibility
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to interact positively with supervisor, management, coworkers, members, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach
Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality
Ability to come to work regularly and on time, to follow directions, to take criticism, to get along with co-workers and supervisors, to treat co-workers, supervisors and members/guests with respect and courtesy, and to refrain from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behavior
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, committees, suppliers, members and employees.
Working knowledge of various computer software programs.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certificate of completion from trade school. Driver's License.