Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: MM
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Sector: ADVERTISING, MARKETING, MEDIA, COMMUNICATIONS
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Permanent full-time
POSITION: Marketing Manager
DATE: 3rd March, 2017
DIVISION: Food & Beverage
WORKING HOURS: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Group co-Chief Executive Officer
The incumbent’s primary function is to work with the Group co-Chief Executive Officers to deliver sales growth and margin improvement within budget, for a range of brands / products; focusing on practical application of various marketing techniques as well as effective management of the company’s marketing resources and activities.
- This position reports directly to the Group co-Chief Executive Officer
- There are nine persons under direct supervision of the Marketing Manager.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of marketing strategies to meet agreed company objectives by contributing to the development of the brand strategy and annual plans, optimizing brand equity and ensuring sustainable/profitable growth for the business in the context of the company’s overall strategy.
- Evaluation of customer research, market conditions, competitor data and implementation of marketing plan alterations where necessary
- Overseeing all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities
- Responsible for both B2B and B2C marketing of company products and services
- Management of assigned budgets to ensure that all marketing activity remain within specified budget
- Management of all aspects of print production, receipt and distribution in conjunction with Brand Managers
- Ensuring the achievement of frequent, timely and positive media coverage across all available media.
- Conducting marketing research in order to identify market requirements for current and future products
- Development, implementation and evaluation of a company-wide plan to push products, working with all departments to ensure effective execution.
- Analysis of potential strategic partner relationships for product lines
- Ensuring clear and effective communication with a broad spectrum of clients (internal and external), taking on ideas or standing ground when appropriate.
- Development of departmental procedures to ensure effective execution of all staff portfolios under direct management.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform other duties that may be required to develop and enrich the performance of the company as requested by management.
HSE Roles and Responsibilities of Managers:
- Give all Supervisors precise instructions of their responsibilities for correct working methods, in particular to ensure that they do not allow operatives to take unnecessary risks.
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained in good condition.
- Conduct HSE meetings with Employees under their supervision at least once per month.
- Managers will ensure that Supervisors and all other Employees are aware of, and comply with, requirements for safe work practices as well as safe and healthful conditions on job sites.
- Managers shall conduct, at a minimum one HSE inspection every three (3) months to ensure that:
- All work areas comply with project HSE guidelines and SOPs.
- If unsafe conditions exist, corrective action is taken and the Executive Chairman and HSE Manager are informed of inspection results.
- All sub-contractors and sub-contractor personnel comply with applicable HSE regulations where applicable.
In the Event of an Accident
The Managers shall assist in incident investigation and reporting process, in accordance with The Company's SOPs. They will review all accidents with Supervisors and submit a full accident report to the HSE Manager for review who will then submit it to the Executive Chairman. Managers are to ensure corrective actions are taken in a timely manner to alleviate causes.
- First Degree in Marketing or Business Management
- 3-4 years’ experience in Marketing, Developing Marketing Strategies and Market Research
- Knowledge of the industry and best marketing and business practices
- Knowledge and understanding of current and emerging industry requirements and practices
- Ability to solve problems creatively and resourcefully
- Ability to build positive business relationships
- Highly organized
- Computer Literate
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Self-Motivated , capable of working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication Skills
- Vehicle in excellent working condition
We thank all applicants for your interest; however, please be advised that only Short-Listed candidates will be contacted.
This vacancy is closed.