Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: LIVET Wellness Centre
Job Title: Cook Assistant
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Permanent full-time
|- JOB NAME: COOK ASSITANT|
|- SUPERVISOR JOB NAME: COOK|
|- RESTAURANT: LIVET GOURMET email: email@example.com|
|To undertake under the general direction of the Cook, operations connected with the preparation and cooking of meals. As a Cook Assistant, you would prepare basic dishes, make sure cooks have everything they need and be responsible for cleaning the kitchen. You would follow strict hygiene, health and safety rules.|
III. – JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS
• Assists with food preparation of menu items
• Maintain kitchen utensils and equipment
•• Prepared salad, dressings and deserts
• Evaluate new recipes for quality and taste
• Maintain records of prepared food and managed inventory
• Helps to maintain established standards of sanitation, safety and food preparation and storage as set by the local and state health departments, including: storing foodstuffs and supplies in appropriate areas; washing dishes; cleaning refrigerators, stove, bins, cupboards and other kitchen equipment and utensils; and, sweeping and mopping kitchen floors.
• Substitutes for the Cook in their absence.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
• Washing kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls
• Energy and enthusiasm
• A flexible approach to work
• The ability to carry out tasks quickly and competently
• A strong interest in food the ability to follow instructions
• Good spoken communication skills
• The ability to use your initiative and work in a team
IV.- PROFILE / REQUIREMENTS
|Secondary education. Previous experience preparing meals in hospitality or a catering service, Food Hygiene Certificate (basic). HSE certification would be an asset|
V SAFETY AND SECURITY
- _ Should be knowledgeable with Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) requirements, and is familiar with the use of a fire extinguisher.
- - Knowledge of Health regulations and processes relating to food preparation and safety.
- _ Adheres to safety and security guidelines, follows emergency procedures and responds promptly,
- _ Manages and utilizes equipment in a safe manner.
- Must be in good health and physical condition.
- Requires rigorous activity; grasping, writing, pushing, pulling, standing for long periods, walking, bending, stretching, repetitive motions, hearing, visual acuity, and may on occasion have to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work with strong chemicals and safely use chemicals for cleaning purposes.
WORKING HOURS – Sunday to Saturday 7:00am to 10:00pm - two shift system
This vacancy is closed.