Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Yes Careers
Job Title: Merchandiser
Sector: CUSTOMER SERVICE,ADMINISTRATIVE,BUSINESS-ADMIN,CLERICAL
Location: SOUTH -SAN FERNANDO,POINTE A PIERRE
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Merchandiser is responsible for ensuring that products sold by the Company maintain optimum visibility wherever they are promoted or sold, are correctly priced and are in good condition, with the overall aim of maximizing sales. The Merchandiser reports directly to the Merchandising Supervisor.
- Places and maintains plan-o-grams and other written instructions for products in assigned stores to ensure that items are displayed in the desired manner.
- Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of shelf space and products in assigned areas to ensure optimal exposure.
- Removes products which are damaged or which are at or beyond the stipulated expiry cut off from shelves in a prompt manner.
- Ensures proper stock rotation by drawing stocks form the stores’ storerooms and repacking shelves when necessary.
- Sets up gondola ends when required to increase visibility of products.
- Provides information to retailers regarding products, including but not limited to product prices and promotional activity, in a timely manner.
- Ensures that products have the correct price signs and that they are always visible.
- Ensures that any promotional offers that are supposed to be ongoing are being executed in assigned outlets.
- Generates required reports, including but not limited to those on stock-outs, damaged goods and expired goods.
- Develops trade relationships with customers’ lane supervisors, lane attendants and warehouse personnel.
- Plans all intended visits for each day in advance to meet established targets, and informs relevant personnel of failure to do so.
- Gains approval for and places promotional materials as appropriate.
- Seeks out sales or display opportunities continuously and negotiates increased facings or improved location if appropriate, to ensure that the Company’s products are in the most advantageous locations.
- Monitors competitive activity, notes any changes and advises the relevant personnel of same.
- Takes note of sales trends and customer preferences and relays such information to relevant Company personnel.
- Receives orders to ensure a continuous supply of the Company’s products at outlets.
- Maintains a smart appearance at all times and interacts with all customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Completes activity logs and submits such in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring that the customers’ signatures have been obtained.
- Acquires and maintains in-depth knowledge of products being merchandised.
- Assists with in-store promotions as required.
- Attends Merchandisers’ meetings as required or as advised by the Merchandising Coordinator.
- Ensures that all necessary merchandising tools and promotional material, including but not limited to up-to-date price lists, approved product lists and plan-ograms are always on hand, accurate and in proper working condition, and collects replacements as necessary.
- Participates in stock count exercises when required.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures, inclusive of but not limited to the Company’s policy on health and safety, quality and standard operating procedures.
- Undertakes other duties which may arise or may be delegated to support the objectives of the organisation.
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of five (5) GCE/CXC O’Levels passes, two (2) of which must include English and Mathematics.
- At least one (1) year experience in the FMCG industry or a similar capacity would be an asset.
- Availability and willingness to travel throughout Trinidad and Tobago
- Owner of a vehicle would be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Influential and persuasive demeanor.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
This vacancy is closed.