Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: KAPOK Hotel
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: Sales and Functions Coordinator
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Sells and coordinates all service aspects of the Hotel and its Food and Beverage outlets related to conventions, meetings, group conferences, and banquets booked through the sales office to ensure achievement of monthly sales target.
- Assist clients in the selection of food and beverage menu using upselling techniques to maximize revenue.
- Contact client to confirm meeting dates, times, number attending, and hotel and meeting room requirements. Follows up regularly to receive updated information and obtain a guaranteed commitment.
- Determine if external services are needed (e.g., floral displays, additional audio visual, etc.)
- Communicate with respective personnel to ensure delivery of service (e.g., sales assistant for room blocks; food and beverage department for restaurant and catering arrangements; internal/external source for audio visual requirements; housekeeping for additional cots etc.; accounting for payment schedule).
- Handle and rectify customer complaints and/or special requests while in-house.
- Process phone inquiries by checking function space availability and finalize all details if the client makes the decision to book.
- Process all walk-in inquiries and conduct site tours
- Performs any other duties as it relates to the Sales Department as directed by Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- At least five (5) CXC Passes including Math and English Language
- Associate of Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Publisher
- Strong administrative skills
- Good organisational skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong social perceptiveness
- A working knowledge of modern office practices & procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills
- Excellent research skills
- Critical thinking and reasoning
- Ability to work flexible hours.
This vacancy is closed.