Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Massy Wood Group Ltd.
Job Title: QHSSE Advisor (Fabrication Shop)
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
QHSSE Advisor (Fabrication Shop)
The QHSSE Advisor is responsible for the execution of the Quality Control and HSSE program by ensuring issues/problems within Construction/Engineering are identified, reported and rectified.
The QHSSE Advisor is responsible for the execution of the Quality Control and HSSE program by ensuring issues/problems within Construction/Engineering are identified, reported and rectified. The successful candidate is also responsible for inspecting, supervising and attesting key hold ITP’s points inclusive of NDE and Painting contractors at the fabrication shop.
- Review welding procedures for conformance to job scope.
- Conduct visual inspections of welding.
- Monitor welding parameters as per approved WPS.
- Maintain the Welder Matrix and WPS register for the Shop.
- Track welding activities in a real time manner- weld mapping and weld tracking.
- Track, analyze and report on welding defects and welder performance.
- Complete joint material inspections with the Material Coordinator to ensure purchased product (raw material) conforms to purchase and client requirements.
- Supervise and conduct inspections of contractor during work execution ensuring equipment/procedures/personnel are approved or deemed competent- includes but is not limited to NDE, painting and/or coating, and hydro-testing.
- Review all inspection reports for compliance, with reference to applicable industry codes and site standards/procedures.
- Review of radiograph films.
- Punch listing of items as required.
- Compilation of Massy WG and client specific documents (e.g. BP GOCs) for construction dossiers in a real time manner
- Ensure the client is satisfied before, during and after
- Anticipate, resolve and report on problems encountered in the fabrication shop to eliminate costly rework or re-testing.
- Identify and evaluate QHSSE related incidents / problems / non-conformances and initiates, recommends, reports and provides effective solutions.
- Responsible for the initiation, collection, disposition and retention of QHSSE records in a timely manner in accordance with established documented procedures.
- Manage relationship with contracted companies to ensure compliance between contracted services and client best practices.
- Liaise with HSSE representatives (internal, client & external) to ensure inherent compliance of documentation with Massy WG and Client safety standards.
- Liaise with Massy WG Construction Superintendent, Construction Coordinators, Field Supervisors and Project Engineers as work progresses and provide activity updates in the form of a QA/QC Daily Report covering all assigned Projects.
- Conduct surveillances as work progresses to avoid last minute discoveries, address repetitive non-compliance and monitor implementation of corrective actions in response to the identification of non-conforming products/services
- Train and coach employees enabling them to implement and apply continuous improvement for effectiveness of Massy Wood Group HSSE Program.
- Ensures compliance to HSSE policies/procedures and participates in Leading Indicators that will result in a Zero Accidents culture
- Reinforce and coach employees on hazard identification, risk mitigation and behavioural safety.
- Generate balanced HSSE dashboards
- Support and implement incident investigation and case management strategies.
- Challenge the risk management processes to ensure employees are safe.
- Immediate reporting of Out of Normal Events
- Ensure compliance to Control of Work
- Conduct walkabouts, inspections and audits with front line supervisors and communicates findings
- Capture the recognition of employees going above and beyond HSSE requirements
- Perform all other related job functions as required.
- Diploma/Certification in Construction, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering from a recognised institution.
- Certification/Training in Quality (must be based on ISO 9001:2008) from a recognised institution. (For example CQE, CQA, CQT or CQI).
- Level I or Level II Radiographic Film Interpretation.
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) with AWS.
- Non-destructive Testing such as MT, PT, UT, and VT will be an asset.
- National Examination Board of Safety and Health (NEBOSH) Certificate/Diploma
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar position.
- A working knowledge of Construction / Structural / Inspection codes and practices such as API 570, 620 and 650, ASME B31.3, AWS D1.1, API 1104, ASME Section V and IX. NACE standards, ISO 8501 & SSPC Systems.
- Broad knowledge of HSSE regulations (TT laws, API, OSHA, NFPA, OHSAS 18001, ISO 14000)
- Experienced in conducting risk assessments
- Shall have direct knowledge of all aspects of heat treatment with the types of equipment such as electrical resistance heating elements, induction coils, or gas fired heaters.
- Shall demonstrate a working a thorough knowledge and proven ability of all phases and types of critical coating applications, methods, and recognized industry standards.
- As a minimum, he shall have experience with:
- Installation of equipment such as, Pumps, Motors, Skids, Valves, Vessels, Compressors, Fired Heaters, Auxiliary Equipment, Packaged Equipment in plant construction etc.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Ability to synthesise complex or diverse information.
- Ability to work effectively, safely and prioritize in a high performance, fast-paced work environment.
- Must be an excellent Team Player.
- Inspires and motivates others to work well and accepts feedback.
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Excellent computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office.