Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Rizzoni's Ristorante Italiano
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: Line Cook
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City: Port of Spain
Job Type: Permanent full-time
- Follow a given recipe and quality standard and prepare various food items, including vegetables, poultry, meats, and seafood for cooking using different methods and kitchen equipment such as oven, broilers, fryers and grills
- Stock and manage assigned food station(s) and ensure quality of food served
- Physically inspect and see all food sent from the kitchen and make requisitions for food items and supplies that are needed
- Understand and adhere to company’s policies and processes, cooking methods, standard portion sizes, and kitchen rules and quality standards
- Ensure sufficient amount of food products are stocked and maintained at line stations to facilitate hitch-free service period
- Ensure food products are portioned before cooking by following standard portion sizes and recipe that have been specified
- Ensure work station area, including shelves, tables, grills fryers, pasta, broilers, cookers convection oven, sauté burners, refrigeration equipment, and flat top range are kept cleaned and sanitized always following safety and sanitation policies and processes of the company
- Keep to proper garnish set up and plate presentation for every dish
- Properly store, rotate, and manage all food products following local, state, federal, and company guidelines and procedures
- Help out in food prep tasks during off-peak periods when needed
- Ensure proper closure of kitchen by following kitchen stations’ closing checklist; also, help others to close the kitchen
- Carry out other duties assigned by the manager on duty or the kitchen manager
- One year of experience in similar station and job environment.
- Time flexibility for rotating shifts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and stressful environment without losing composure.
Stations: Saute, Grill, Pizza, Pantry, Pastry and Prep.
All successful candidates will be contacted within a week.
This vacancy is closed.