Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: ALSTON's Marketing Company Limited
Job Title: Trade Development Officer - Wines & Spirits
Sector: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT,SALES,RETAILING
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Trade Development Officer - Wines & Spirits
The Trade Development Officer is responsible for marketing and attracting customers, assessing customer’s needs and matching appropriate products and resources.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Establish and achieve sales and gross profit targets through customer planning, target setting and active prospecting.
• Identify new business opportunities and market trends and cultivate new partnership opportunities with customers that can be developed into strategic relationships.
• Evaluate the business potential and credit worthiness of current and prospective customers.
• Develop relationships with senior level customer personnel to secure support and commitments.
• Personally manage key strategic accounts and support new account acquisition efforts at retail levels.
• Network with suppliers and retail buyers through trade show visits, telephone calls and company/store visits.
• Partner with the marketing and sales team on category prioritizing, supply planning and new business opportunities.
• Respond to customer requests in a timely, professional manner within 24hrs and respond to referrals in a timely, professional manner.
• Coach, empower and support the sales team in customer engagement, sales strategies and best practice.
• Prepare timely and insightful events and promotion budgets with comprehensive analysis and calculating return on investments.
• Organize and/or participate in events and activities that promote wines and spirits to customers and their consumers.
• Participate in special projects designated by immediate manager and executive management.
• Solicit orders by personally visiting all customers as assigned and selling the products for which responsible.
• Manage customer accounts with respect to inventory, following up on back orders, credits, damages etc. on a timely basis.
• Maintain good relationships with all customers, keeping them informed with matters related to the orders placed, company policy, special orders etc.
• Liaise with the credit control, billing and warehouse departments to ensure that orders are processed and deliveries are prompt.
• Ensure full line distribution to customers.
• Ensure that all collections are received on a timely basis.
• Ensure that all complaints are efficiently handled form both customers and consumers.
• Visit office on a regular basis to keep the manager updated on all trade activities.
• Perform other related duties as required by job function.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum A’ Level or equivalent
• 3 years related experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven success in key account management and profitability
• Proven sales track record
• Must be computer literate
Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
Providing service excellence to internal and/or external clients.
Work Ethics and Values:
Demonstrating and supporting the organization's ethics and values.
Using knowledge of competitors and their products and services to gain an organizational advantage.
Understanding the products and services provided.