Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: HADCO GROUP
Job Title: Extra Heavy T / Class 5 Drivers
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Permanent full-time
This position is primarily geared towards the safe transportation of all containers from the Ports to the respective premises within the Hadco Group of Companies. This is an entry level position which requires physical fitness and endurance. Essential duties performing basic maintenance checks on vehicles to ensure that vehicles are in safe driving condition; ensuring that containers are securely anchored to the truck before transportation. They must ensure that trucks are washed and cleaned as needed. Extra Heavy-T Drivers must adhere to the company’s policies and procedures and obey all driving/traffic regulations; and must report any issues that arise promptly to Management.
This position reports to the Warehouse Manager directly and will also liaise regularly with the Manager of the Customs Brokerage Department to coordinate the transportation of containers.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Driving in a safe and courteous manner, so as not to cause harm or injury to self, others, or property.
- Delivery of containers to designated areas.
- Liaising with the Food Warehouse Manager and the Manager of the Brokerage Department to coordinate delivery of containers.
- Performing checks and refueling delivery vehicle and washing and maintaining the cleanliness of said vehicle.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Driver will perform other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager that may be deemed necessary for the effective functioning of the Department. Such duties may include, but are not limited to:-
- Minor tasks related to assisting with moving pallets or moving vehicles from the driveways and aisles as necessary.
HSE Roles and Responsibilities of Staff:
- All Employees demonstrate accountability by:
- Following all HSE rules at all times.
- Stopping any work that they recognise as being unsafe and reporting it to their Supervisor.
- Reporting all accidents and incidents they are involved in or witness to their direct Supervisor as soon as they reasonably can.
- Using all equipment in the work place as designed and with design operating safety features.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, treating everyone in a cordial and direct fashion. HADCO expects everyone to be treated with respect and dignity at all times.
- Becoming familiar with the HSE procedures required to perform their jobs safely.
- Ensuring full compliance with all applicable legislations and site regulations.
- Attending and actively participate in scheduled HSE training meetings, toolbox talks and HSE programmes.
- Performing all work in a safe manner.
- Using all appropriate PPE in a correct manner.
- Using all Safe Systems of Work available. For example Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Permits, Risk Assessments, Checklists etc.
- Observing good housekeeping practice.
- Reporting the taking of any medication while on the work place to their Supervisor.
- Completion of Secondary School
- Ability to read and write and understand instructions
- 3(Three) Ordinary Level Passes
- Fit physical condition
- Pleasant Disposition and well mannered
- Ability to communicate well
- Team Player
- Previous Experience in Delivery Environment
- 2-3 years’ experience in operating Extra Heavy-T vehicles
- Ability to multitask well
- Comprehensive knowledge of the geography of Trinidad and Tobago
- Extra Heavy-T Driving Permit (Class 5)
- Defensive Driving Certificate
- Certificate of Character
- Forklift License (If applicable)
This vacancy is closed.