Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: National Canners Limited
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: Customs Clerk Grade II
Location: EAST -ARIMA/SANGRE GRANDE
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Position: CUSTOMS CLERK (Grade II)
Immediate Supervisor: Customs Manager
Objective of Position: To ensure the timely clearance of Imports and shipment of Exports in an efficient and cost effective manner as per defined and established parameters.
- Preparation of all Import and Export documents for processing and electronic submissions.
- Liaison with the Ministry of Trade for the application/granting and collection of Suspensions, Safeguards, Ministers and Import Licences.
- Processing of Import and Export documents through various agencies (OGA’s) manual or electronic for further submission and processing through Customs & Excise.
- Monitoring the movement of documents submitted to Customs, answering any queries of Customs and other various state agencies (OGA’s) for the purpose of verification and assessment by the authority.
- The lodging and collection of documents and other financial instruments through the Banks and the related organizations for Imports and Exports.
- Processing of documents through various shipping agencies and freight forwarders (manual or electronic) as related to Import and Exports.
- Clearing of Imports and shipping of Exports from various Ports of entry and shipments under the Customs and other related Laws.
- Negotiations for the hire of transport, interactive and direct negotiations with Customs, Port, Agents, Ministry and other governmental and other agencies for the release of goods and services within prescribed limits and guidelines.
- Assistance in the maintenance of historical records, batching of documents and filing.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels/CXC passes including Mathematics and English.
- Customs Clerk Certificate - Grade II.
- At least three (3) years’ experience working in the Customs field.
- Experience in the Manufacturing Industry and owning a good working vehicle will be an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of the Customs and other related Laws of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Ability to Negotiate
- Strong Teamwork and Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
This vacancy is closed.