Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Title: Editor (Contract)
Sector: ADVERTISING, MARKETING, MEDIA, COMMUNICATIONS
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
The Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (the Authority) is an independent body established to regulate the telecommunications and broadcasting sectors. Our Corporate Culture incorporates teamwork, a strong work ethic and individual professionalism. Applications are being invited from dynamic, forward-thinking individuals for the following position:
EDITOR (CONTRACT POSITION)
To review and revise documents or other written material generated by the Authority for public or stakeholder consultations and/or publication in books, newspapers, magazines, websites, as well as research papers and other related documents
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Proofread the content of documents and research papers and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, sentence construction and grammar.
- Evaluate written documents, research papers, presentations as required and recommend amendments to improve document content and readability.
- Assess in detail, publications and digital media according to the relevant publications’ styles to ensure editorial policies and publishing requirements are maintained.
- Critique material and content ideas for the Authority’s publications to ensure suitability or appropriateness for various stakeholders and audiences.
- Approve final versions of documents, research papers and/or presentations submitted by staff as required.
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources to authenticate material for publication.
- Make recommendations on print/website space for text, photos and illustrations according to space parameters and copy significance, using knowledge of layout principles.
- Perform other related duties as required by job function.
Qualifications and Experience
- Recognised Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Mass Communications, English or related field.
- Minimum five (5) years working experience in journalism or a mass communications environment, of which three (3) years includes experience as an Editor.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, etc.)
SEE THE CAREERS PAGE ON www.tatt.org.tt FOR DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION.
Applications should be submitted no later than Friday 21st April, 2017 to:
Manager, Human Resources
Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago
#5, Eighth Avenue Extension, off Twelfth Street, Barataria,
Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Late applications will not be accepted and unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.