Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: RAMCO Industries Ltd
Job Title: Diesel Mechanic
Location: SOUTH -SAN FERNANDO,POINTE A PIERRE
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Motor Vehicle Technician I focuses on the servicing, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of the Company’s Fleet of Vehicles. Additionally they have the responsibility of supervising the work of Motor Vehicle Technician II ensuring that assigned tasks are completed on a timely basis and in keeping with the company’s approved Health, Safety and Environment policies.
- Overhaul/Rebuilt diesel and gasoline engines of various type and models for vehicles including Nissan, Isuzu, Mazda, Mitsubishi and Benz
- Troubleshoot and rectify mechanical systems on vehicles
- Repair braking system; wheel cylinders, shoes, cylinders and valves
- Repair Clutch system; repair clutch cylinders and change clutch pack
- Repair Drive train; drive shaft assy, differential and wheel brs and seals
- Repair gearbox and modify and repair gear linkages
- Repair Air system; troubleshoot, service valves, actuators.
- Repair and troubleshoot fuel system
- Modify existing mechanical systems to improve functionality.
- Perform minor electrical repairs
- Perform routine hydraulic repairs on hydraulic components and system.
- Attend to vehicle breakdowns and rectify defects to ensure roadworthiness at various locations and time.
- Request parts and materials for jobs assigned in a timely manner.
- Perform preventive maintenance on company vehicles as per PM schedules.
- Prepare vehicles for government annual inspection.
q Monitor’s the performance of Motor Vehicle Technician 11 in the execution of assigned duties and ensures that duties are performed in keeping with timelines and acceptable workmanship.
q Ensures that all assigned tasks are performed in keeping with the vehicle maintenance schedule.
q Liaises with stores personnel with respect to acquiring required parts/ components in a timely manner prior to effecting repair
Minimum Acceptable Academic/Technical/Professional Qualifications
q A Motor Vehicle technician Diploma (city & guilds) or National craftsman’s diploma in Auto and Diesel from a recognized institution or quivalent experience
Minimum Number of years of Relevant Experience
q At least 5 years experience in rebuilding various types of Diesel engines and gearboxes, repairs to clutch, brake system, drive train and air system.
Specific Skills/ Experience and /or Knowledge
q Working knowledge of all types of engines (Diesel Gasoline and Diesel.)
q Good planning and organizing skills
q The ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
q The ability to work independently.
q Basic Hydraulic knowledge.
q Knowledge of fuel injection system.
This vacancy is closed.