Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: PCS Nitrogen Trinidad Limited
Job Title: Systems Analyst
Location: CENTRAL -COUVA,POINT LISAS
Job Type: Permanent full-time
As the world’s largest crop nutrient company, PotashCorp plays an integral role in global food production. The company produces the three essential nutrients required to help farmers grow healthier, more abundant crops. With global population rising and diets improving in developing countries, crop nutrients such as potash, phosphates and nitrogen offer a responsible and practical solution to help produce the food we need, from the land we have.
PCS Nitrogen Trinidad Limited, a subsidiary of PotashCorp, is one of the world’s largest nitrogen complexes and is located on the Point Lisas Industrial Estate. We operate four (4) ammonia plants, and one (1) urea plant.
Works as a member of IT team with the responsibility of business process analysis, development of applications (Web or Mobile), testing, integration and deployment within PCS. Provides direct technical support services for hardware and software applications in both ‘stand-alone’ and networked environments. Should have a good understanding of other computer architectures with which these applications may communicate. Liaises with 3rd party vendors for support, patch management, upgrades or configuration change to the existing systems and ensures that proper change management and system administration best practices are implemented and adhered to.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc in Computer Science or Information Technology or related field from a recognized university
- Experience in the areas of operating systems, hardware, and general software products. Knowledge of Business Systems.
- Familiarity developing mobile applications for any platform
- Experience using database query language
- A solid understanding of networking/ distributed computing environment concepts; understands principles of routing, client/server programming, and design of consistent network-wide file system layouts.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security, vulnerability and protection.
- 3+ Years in systems analysis, application development and support
- Knowledge of Application Development Tools and methodologies including .NET Suite, CSS and HTML, MySQL and scripting language - PERL, PHP, Python
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint is a Plus
GENERAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work closely with others in a team-based environment
- Possess good problem solving and decision making skills
- Recommends systems to be developed, modified, and incorporate into a general development plan.
- Analyses business processes and performs Gap Analysis to identify opportunities for Automation/Improvement. Investigates user problems and needs, identify their source, and determine possible solutions.
- Supports systems and applications used in PCS
- Authors all documentation (e.g Requirements, Manuals)
- Implements Change Management and system administration best practices
- Recommends and Implements solutions to improve engagement within PCS employees
- Services user problem calls and technical inquiries
- Solves any IT or communication related issues eg networking, security, application
The positions will initially be on contract and successful candidates will be required to undergo background checks.
Interested candidates should submit resumes in confidence by APRIL 21, 2017, to:
Human Resources Manager
PCS Nitrogen Trinidad Limited
P.O. Bag 201, Point Lisa’s, Couva
Trinidad, West Indies
Fax: (868) 636-2052