Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: A.A. Laquis Limited
Job Title: Accountant
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Accountant will be responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position includes maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The job includes the preparation of management accounts for subsidiaries both locally and regionally. The Accountant will have contact with other senior managers including the Directors of the company which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
Reports to: The Group Chief Financial Officer
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervision of finance department and overseeing all operational aspects of the finance function, including Receivable, Payables, Bank Reconciliations, Sub-ledger Reconciliations, the collection and balancing of daily banking.
- To ensure all daily routines are completed and the responsible officer signs as completed.
- To ensure that the daily sub-ledgers for Inventory, Accounts Payable and Receivables are reconciled daily for all Group Companies.
- To ensure ALL Intercompany Balances are reconciled monthly for all Group Companies.
- To ensure all General Journal entries are accurately entered, verified and approved before posting to the General Ledger.
- To ensure all Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable batches are checked and approved before posting to the general ledger.
- To ensure Supplier payments are made timely and in accordance with agreed terms. This includes ensuring the CFO is provided with timely payment information to plan cash flows.
- To ensure Letters of Credit, bid and performance bonds are prepared timely. This also involves reviewing and ensuring bonds are cancelled and removed against our banking facility timely.
- To ensure that ALL Costing of incoming goods are accurately recorded and updated in the system.
- To ensure regular stock count and variances are updated and posted timely and in accordance with company’s policy.
- To ensure that all month end procedures are carried out on VAI Accounting System including printing and storing in soft copy all month end reports as identified by CFO
- To ensure that VAT Returns are completed and filed timely.
Duties & Responsibilities continued
- To ensure Quarterly taxes are paid on time.
- To ensure statutory deductions are processed and paid by the 15th of every monthly.
- To ensure ALL Bank Accounts are reconciled by 25th day of the month following.
- To ensure Schedules to support specific Balance Sheet Accounts are completed and included for Board Reporting. (E.g. Foreign Travel Cash; Loans to staff; Deposit for Rent; Accruals; Prepayments and any other as required.
- To ensure and reconcile Showroom Sales to daily deposits made to the Bank, including LINX and Bonus Points Transactions.
- To ensure that all deposits/cash takings are banked/deposited daily and recorded on the system.
- To continuously review receivables and ensure compliance with credit policies including supervision of Receivable Department.
- To maintain Fixed Asset Register and record depreciation charges monthly
- To Prepare Audit File for External Audit with all supporting schedules including published financials (Word Document) with complete set of notes.
- Prepare CSO reports for Government Institutions as required by law
- To process journals for commission and monthly payroll on time and to ensure all statutory deductions are paid on time.
- To ensure and follow up that TD4s are generated by 28th February each year and distributed to all staff.
- To assist CFO in preparing Annual budgets and to ensure that the approved budget is entered on VAI.
- To recommend and provide training to new and existing staff as is needed.
- To ensure the filing of all important financial documents are done in accordance with accepted standards.
Qualifications: Experience: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- ACCA qualified with at least 5 years post qualification experience.
- A minimum of 5 year’s experience in Accounting and Preparation of Financial Reports.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite: Advanced level Excel, Word, Power-Point and Outlook.
- Experience with a fully integrated, multi-company and multi -currency accounting system will be an asset. Knowledge of VAI will be an asset
- Mature individual with Strong Leadership, Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong decision-making skills Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning, organizing and time management skills Ability to coordinate, delegate, motivate and mentor.
Qualifications: Experience: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (continued):
- Conflict resolution, negotiation, and team building skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally.
This vacancy is closed.